My trust is in its final throws.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjjerm

Reaction score
I can't trust anyone. Plainly stated. I just can't.

Maybe it's because I used to be a perpetual lair myself. But I get proof after proof that people are simply untrustworthy. I've dated eight girls in my lifetime (I'm only twenty), and so far, five of them have cheated on me, and two have left me for other guys. The one that didn't.. I'm not sure exactly what happened, we just drifted apart. Beyond the point.

I can't trust anyone: friends, family, but especially women. It's my experience that all women are emotion-twisting, selfish manipulators; and not one has yet proved me wrong.

Every one of the girls that have cheated on me have said something along the lines of, "I'd never do that [cheat]," or, "I'm not that kind of girl!" and yet they do it anyway. How the hell can I salvage my trust, it's ruining my current relationship, because I get insanely jealous when she goes out with her male friends to the point of frustration. I just don't know what to do, anymore.

Mm. Trust issues. Talking to women as just friends about this is good. There are plenty of women on here that will be willing to talk I'm sure. You've just been unlucky and found women that are shallow and not trustable. There are good women out there dude. Trust me, I have met plenty. The only way you will come to trust women is if you talk to one that you actually CAN trust.

Why can't you trust your family? And why do you call them friends if you can't trust them?

Edit: What happened to your other thread anyways?

I can tell you for nothing, that getting jealous will not help any relationship you are in, now, or ever. It certainly won't ever stop someone from cheating on you, in fact, it's far more likely to drive someone away.

I think its part of the human psyche to try to evaluate the world from what we have found out up to that point. But you must strive to overcome your experiences, because if you don't, the only person you will be hurting will be yourself.

I know what you mean when girls say that they would never cheat. There is a heck of a lot out there that would. Same for guys tho.

Maybe at the time they thought they never would. But even if they know they have done in the passed they are not going to admit that they would cheat are they now.

I went out with a girl who cheated on her BF for me. Now I am not a jealous person at all. So I could not leave my life wondering where my GF was and what she was up to. this would drive me insane. So I simply told her when we first started seeing one another that if I ever get to a point where I don't trust you its over. She promised me that she would never cheat like she did for her last one. I gave her the benefit of the doubt cos (A) I loved her and (B) Her ex lived a long way away so she did not really see that much of him and she gave me the usual crap about it being over with him anyway. We did get to a point where she was spending lots of time with one of my mates why I was in hospital and as I said I finished it cos I suspected her and him at it behind my back. She cried when I finessed it but like less then 2 days she and him was an item. So whats that tell ye?

End of the day you have to give each new person (girl) a fresh start but also learning from the passed. Being jealous of her when she goes out is not the best way for you to live or to keep her as your GF. If shes a slag that's going to go behind your back shes going to do that whether or not you get jealous. All you can do is deal with it if it happens and when you have prove or if you suspect her of doing it and you don't trust her then move on. You have to give the next girl a chance. She could be a honest girl and would not deserve being thought of like that. The truth of the matter is you well probably be hurt many times be for you fined the right one for you. But when you do fined the right one am sure you well think it was all worth it :) I hope you well anyway. Somethings are worth whiting for.

Latest posts

Back