My worthless life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jules,

You sound like a great person. I'm sorry your friends didn't understand your volunteering. But you are a FABULOUS person for doing this. Some people never do in their whole life. How can you call yoursefl a failure? Maybe in the materialistic culture we live in people are so material centered that they refer to an act olf kindness as,"working for free." You seem like a strong and heroic person to me. I'm sorry about the break up that can be so hard. But a wonderful person like you will eventually be recognized for the person you are. Many times the trials of out lives allow us to grow and we become greater than we think or know. You just keep doing good for others and not worry about what people say. Keep the faith and you'll wake up one day and you will be happy! You'll wonder how you did it,but the answer is easy. You gave of yourself to others. The true formula for happiness!

Best,

SD

julestcb said:
Hi Everyone

Im new on here so bit nervous writing this. My life seems so emtpy and worthless that I find it so hard just getting through each day. My boyfriend split up with me in November and since then I cant seem to get over him. I have a family but only a handful of friends and those friends have their own familys and partners so I cant rely on them.

I get up in the morning, go to work, go home, go to bed and get up again and do the same thing all over again. Im 39 years old and I feel that Im a complete failure. Everything most people my age have I dont. Like being married, or being in a happy relationship or having kids, earning good money, a great job. I have none of these. My job is low paid and I struggle to get by. I feel like I am just existing and its so pointless going through the motions for yet another day of the same old thing. Ive read lots of things on the internet about being lonely and they advise you to go out and join clubs or even do voluntary work just to meet new people. I have actually got an interview on Thursday for a voluntary job as a ward helper in a hospital. But the few people I told about this all looked at me like im nuts with the comment "why do you want to work for free"? My thinking was that if Im out of the house and helping others less fortunate than myself it will give me a sense of worth. But try telling that to people who have everything perfect in their life!!!!! I have been put on 20mg prozac last week by my doctor so maybe they will help. Anyone out there who understands what Im feeling???

c'mon just wait and wait,im like you also im 27 yrs old and got one gf so how lonely is that?????its not the end of the world babe just chill,relax and wait dont lose hopealryt??/

theres no worthless life!!!!all of us are precious and worthy to someone else, we are just not lucky today or IN THIS MOMENT AND still travelling in road called LIFE.

julestcb said:
Hi Everyone

Im new on here so bit nervous writing this. My life seems so emtpy and worthless that I find it so hard just getting through each day. My boyfriend split up with me in November and since then I cant seem to get over him. I have a family but only a handful of friends and those friends have their own familys and partners so I cant rely on them.

I get up in the morning, go to work, go home, go to bed and get up again and do the same thing all over again. Im 39 years old and I feel that Im a complete failure. Everything most people my age have I dont. Like being married, or being in a happy relationship or having kids, earning good money, a great job. I have none of these. My job is low paid and I struggle to get by. I feel like I am just existing and its so pointless going through the motions for yet another day of the same old thing. Ive read lots of things on the internet about being lonely and they advise you to go out and join clubs or even do voluntary work just to meet new people. I have actually got an interview on Thursday for a voluntary job as a ward helper in a hospital. But the few people I told about this all looked at me like im nuts with the comment "why do you want to work for free"? My thinking was that if Im out of the house and helping others less fortunate than myself it will give me a sense of worth. But try telling that to people who have everything perfect in their life!!!!! I have been put on 20mg prozac last week by my doctor so maybe they will help. Anyone out there who understands what Im feeling???

Your life is not worthless at all. You sound like a great person, especially since you're trying to help those less fortunate. People who look at your weirdly for doing that are just stupid. Don't let them make you shy away from doing things you think would make you happy.
Have you thought about trying a different career? I know some places have workshops and all that where you can learn skills to help you find new jobs, maybe you could find something you liked by doing that.

Latest posts

Back