N64

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qui

Reaction score
I just got a free N64 and it's awesome.
I know, I know, I'm a decade behind the times. But this thing is the honeysuckle!
Anyway, I've been playing Ocarina of Time and I've also got Majora's Mask, Paper Mario and Mario Party 2.
Basically, who here had an N64? What games did you like and which ones sucked?

n64.png

Me! Of course there was Ocarina of time, and super smash bros. One of my other favorites was Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. And the 007 game (i forget the name lol). I can't remember any that sucked... probably because i most likely just got rid of them right away if i didn't like them.

the only game i played in that thing was mk4..rocked at that time.. Then i found out that all n64 games can be played in a pc with an emulator like mupen..

I still have mine, got it in 1998 ( im pretty sure).

Goldeneye 007 was the best game ever, and still is!!

I still have mine too.

List of games I own, with how I rate them (I generally only kept the games I liked so they will all be pretty high) -

Hexen: B+
Pros: great if you like shooters, long interesting levels, cool weapons
Cons: Lame save system, barely a plot

Perfect Dark: A
Pros: Awesome shooter, great plot, Joanna Dark is a likable character (Before what they did to her in the 360 version), fun mechanics, great weapons, interesting plot
Cons: Not very groundbreaking, basically a rehash of Goldeneye with weapons I dug more.

BattleTanx - Global Assault: C
Pros: Fun battles, cool weapons
Cons: Repetitive, lame plot, nonsensical AI

Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M.: B-
Pros: Interesting spin on conventional gameplay, fun enemies
Cons: Can be frustrating, terrible quest tracker

Zelda - Ocarina of Time: A
Pros: Fun gameplay, interesting story, long epic quest with lots to explore, great characters
Cons: Some of the dungeons can get tedious

Excitebike 64: B
Pros: Entertaining gameplay, great race and stunt mechanics, awesome tracks
Cons: Limited selection of players, tracks, etc.

Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil: A
Pros: Long complex levels, satisfying weapons, awesome plot.
Cons: Awful save system, I'm horribly bias to this game, so everything I love about it will piss others off.

Starfox 64: A
Pros: Great space shooter with fun rails mechanics, variety in the gameplay types throughout the games, lots of unlockables add replayability
Cons: Game itself can still be short, some of the characters can be annoying

Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness: B-
Pros: Challenging without being unfair, nice moody atmospheric game, lots of great interesting battles
Cons: Targeting system is not precise, not the best entry to the Castlevania series, not very many choices weaponwise per character

Killer Instinct Gold: C+
Pros: good selection of characters
Cons: Clunky fight engine, frustrating boss battle

Clayfighter 63 1/3: D (Not sure why I keep this game around)
Pros: Funny game doesn't take itself too seriously, interesting characters
Cons: Terrible fighting game engine

007 Goldeneye: A
Pros: Fun shooting game, variety of missions, extremely well made weapons and gadgets, tons of things to unlock, was pretty groundbreaking if you had never laid hands on a computer game
Cons: I can't stand James Bond. Some of the unlocks were extremely unfair to get.

Forsaken 64: B
Pros: Interesting physics defying gameplay, good selection of weapons
Cons: complicated level layout can be confusing

Doom 64: C-
Pros: Interesting level layout, New weapon or two never seen before
Cons: Worst entry into the Doom series, awkward graphics even for a N64 game, needlessly hard due to controls

Super Smash Brothers: A+
Pros: Probably one of the most fun games ever created, solid fight system, groundbreaking in many aspects, fun stages
Cons: Slim character selection

Winback: B-
Pros: Intriguing plot with a nice espionage Metal Gearish feel to it, multiple endings, underrated game with a solid cover and shoot mechanic
Cons: Clunky gameplay, can get very challenging especially if aiming for certain endings

Paper Mario: A
Pros: Good entry as usual, solid colorful light hearted game, nice spin on sidescrolling and RPG formula
Cons: Too linear, not a true sequel to Mario RPG

Aidyn Chronicles - The First Mage: B-
Pros: Solid RPG gameplay, decent length, nice equipment setup
Cons: Hard on the eyes even for an N64 game, too challenging from the get go

Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber: A+
Pros: (Probably my favorite N64 game) multiple endings, tons of classes, fun battles, huge lengthy quest, interesting involved plot, open-ended in many aspects, lots of replayability
Cons: Battles can take a while to resolve, certain army setups can be at a severe disadvantage later on in the game.

Flying Dragon: A+
Pros: Awesome overlooked fighting game, great fight mechanics nice example of a fighting engine, two games in one, lengthy story mode, nice mix of RPG and fighting game, likable characters, highly customizable
Cons: Unbalanced, some characters walk all over others, some unlocks not worth it, some options are useless.

Mario Kart 64: A
Pros: It's Mario Kart you already know it's fun, great selection of modes, tracks, weapons, and characters
Cons: Rubber band racing style means you never really pull out in front, race outcomes can be based on luck instead of skill

Zelda - Majora's Mask: A
Pros: Fun lengthy quest, lots of places to see and explore, cool abilities
Cons: Dungeons can get needlessly tedious

Jet Force Gemini: A+
Pros: (Awesome overlooked third person shooter), amazingly awesome shooting mechanics, unbelievably advanced enemy artificial intelligence, fun and challenging never unfair, great selection of weapons, satisfying gun play, huge world, good plot, lots of comedy, many things to search out
Cons: Targeting system takes a bit of getting used to, certain areas not really worth exploring more than once, multiplayer was a little lackluster, especially coop

WWF No Mery: C+
Pros: Good character creator, large amount to unlock, fun.
Cons: Repetitive and simple

I've owned many other games, feel free to ask.

O man I loved my N64, still have it in the attic, I refuse to let it go lol

Some of my favorite games for that little piece of heaven:

Ogre Battle 64- is probably my favorite game.Period. and that says a lot, I spent hours playing that game and still do since it is a perfect game for an emulator I am replaying it now as a matter of fact lol

Harvest Moon 64- Yea, there is something about this farming sim game that was just amazing still can't put my finger on it, I mean the game has so many mistakes in it, like there is this album you can get filled up with pictures by completing certain events, but a lot of the pictures just don't exist lol and it is the same with the list of recipes(which you can't even cook) I guess I am just biased cause I still remember having competitions on who could have the best farm with my brother when we were kids lol it is hard to find now and does not work well on an emulator..

Banjo Kazooie (and sequel) - They were great games in their times, and I bet kids would still have fun playing them now a days, nothing beats transforming into a washing machine or a bumble bee and come on it was one of the first games to let you fly around open 3d worlds, and obsessively trying to collect everything was great too, at least to me it was,lol

If you have any interest in snowboarding check out 1080 Snowboarding. The game is so addicting and fun to play against a few people.

Go get Golden eye. A control pad that can reach over this side of the pond, sit back and prepare for an ass whopping. I spent many a hours on that game. One of only two games I played when I had that console. The other game was Mario Kart.

God N64....

SO many good memorys I actually want to cry I hate getting older it blows....

I never actually owned a Nintendo 64, but I remember paying it a lot at my friends house, we would all get together and play Goldeneye 4-way multiplayer and Mario Kart ... wow, those were the days.

I play N64 games on my computer sometimes, but it isn't the same as playing the real thing...as Ben Heck said, "Emulation is like masturbation, it doesn't beat the real thing"

Latest posts

Back