Name your top 5 favorite bands/artists

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a lonely place said:
annik said:
:D

And

I've seen Morrissey around the town I went to school in a few times as well as two members of Joy Division / New Order...*swanks* :p

Feeling SO JEALOUS :)
Think I'm gonna move to Manchester, also a BIG elbow fan myself.

Ah! Dare I mention I saw Guy Garvey on a train once?

Oh yes we get all the celebs round here! Noddy Holder was once behind me in a queue in Tescos. :p

I'll stop the shameless name dropping now... :D

annik said:
Yeah second best band from Wales I'd say! I do love them though. I've never seen them life but I can believe the fruit brass band they are kind of mad. They had that tank for a while didn't they?

He he no, he was riding around in his Porsche one time. :rolleyes:

Must admit the other three I only really know the names but none of the music, I guess you'd say they were worth checking out?! ;)

Yeah a pink tank blasting out techno :) Love the first Manic's album but for me they were never the same band since Richie disappeared/jumped/dropped out to a commune in Goa etc...

Think you linked Cannonball by the Breeders once? so the Pixies was the band Kim Deal was in before the Breeders. Yeah give the Sundays a go, Elliott Smith isn't for everyone but I love "either or".

My little town in Shropshire has little to boast, the Sex Pistols once played at the local club, my uncle went, Sid Vicious spat on him he proudly tells me. I still can't quite imagine it though! Ozzy Osbourne once owned the local wine bar..err I saw Inspector Morse in boots! Thats about it.. :)

In a lonely place said:
Feeling SO JEALOUS :)
Think I'm gonna move to Manchester, also a BIG elbow fan myself.

OK, my choices, not in any particular order are:-

1. New Order
2. Elbow
3. Fleetwood Mac
4. The Jam
5. The Beach Boys

...so difficult, could have chosen many of others.

All great bands! I agree Manchester is the music capital of England for me too, saw the Doves live recently who were excellent.

The Good Citizen said:
Yeah a pink tank blasting out techno :) Love the first Manic's album but for me they were never the same band since Richie disappeared/jumped/dropped out to a commune in Goa etc...

Think you linked Cannonball by the Breeders once? so the Pixies was the band Kim Deal was in before the Breeders. Yeah give the Sundays a go, Elliott Smith isn't for everyone but I love "either or".

My little town in Shropshire has little to boast, the Sex Pistols once played at the local club, my uncle went, Sid Vicious spat on him he proudly tells me. I still can't quite imagine it though! Ozzy Osbourne once owned the local wine bar..err I saw Inspector Morse in boots! Thats about it.. :)

All great bands! I agree Manchester is the music capital of England for me too, saw the Doves live recently who were excellent.

You gotta love the furries, they are so cool!

Yeah I'm kind of beyond obsessed to the point of probably having no objectivity. I probably have Manic Street Preachers written through me like rock! Must admit I love the 2nd album so much though.

I did, I was pretty sure about the connection with the Pixies but not 100%. I shall give the others a go then. I'm normally pretty good with "love em or hate em" kind of people. I can listen to Joanna Newsom without my ears bleeding! :p

All good stuff! Pretty impressed by Inspector Morse!

Manchester just rocks, period. I love Doves too, er two members went to my old high school (starting to annoy myself now!). At least I'm pretty sure it was Doves. :rolleyes:

usually, I like sorts of music, instead... specific artists, or bands. But these two, I enjoy very much. They are both very different from each other.

The Moon and the Nightspirit

Lee Morse (or Lee Morse & Her Blue Grass Boys)

Weezer (of course)
Foster the People
M83
MGMT
Green Day

Flo Rida
Wiz Khalifa
Pitbull
Lil Wayne
Akon

Jason Alden
Sugarland
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Jason Micheal Carol

The Good Citizen said:
Not my all time but 5 I love nonetheless

elliott_smith.jpg

images

smiths-salford200.jpg

images

tumblr_ldmehgJmue1qeif9xo1_400.jpg

i like THE SMITHS and PIXIES. girlfriend in a coma is a great song.

Bones said:
Kiss
Smashing Pumpkins
The Cure
New Order
Pearl Jam
Tupac

^^^There are a couple of other bands that could be interchanged from above depending if I thinking high school and college age or not.

i discovered the PUMPKINS around 1998. i really like their later work like ADORE and MACHINA. people unnecessarily criticize their later work.

IambicBlonde said:
The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Ani DiFranco, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Type O Negative & Drive-By Truckers.

DRIVE BY TRUCKERS had that great song called 72, this highway's mean. havent heard anything by the other artists.

Bands

1. Yes
2. Genesis
3. The Beatles
4. Radiohead
5. Porcupine Tree

Solo Artists

1. Peter Gabriel
2. Christina Aguilera
3. Michael Jackson
4. John Lennon
5. Sarah McLachlan