Nervous Negotiating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInTheSupermarket

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to negotiating or even asking for something for myself. It has a lot to do with my self-confidence, but also with my upbringing (sticking up for myself = bad). Anyway, I came across this article today and even though it's pretty basic I thought I'd share it in case it helps anyone else who has this problem:

http://lifehacker.com/5974807/how-to-get-anything-you-want-with-minimal-negotiation

Yes, I know how you feel. I usually try to avoid any kind of negotiating if I can. I like it when things are simple and clear-cut. In fact, I often feel kind of nervous, or at least slightly uncomfortable, dealing with service people in general (cashiers, hair stylists, etc.) That looks like a really good article - thanks for posting it!

I love negotiating. I rarely pay full price for an item over $100. What's the worst they can do, say no? They're not going to kick you out of the store for asking if they can give you a break on the price.

I wish I were that comfortable when it comes to asking a woman out. LOL

Yeah, gotta do your research for stuff over $100, often you can get decent discounts. In a brick and mortar store the worse they can do is refuse you and online often you can hunt around for coupons and codes and sign up for e mails that announce subscriber-only sales.

Oh and yeah, it is a totally different ball game when it comes to asking a woman out. She might be a lot more likely to kick you out, but again, the worse she can do is refuse you. Indeed though, the nervousness can be paralyzing.

Latest posts

Back