Never used Facebook before

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skid Row 89 said:
I liked Facebook until I discovered Twitter, much better in almost every way. Still, I could almost waste my whole day on it lol.
I would've figured facebook and twitter would be interchangeable in the useless department.

If want other people's social lives in your face then Facebook's a blast. If you want one of you're own, not so much.

duff said:
i don't know why people write messages on facebook saying they are having a glass of wine / vodka or beer. Why is that important ? Why is it people brag about drinking ? I don't get it ! I don't understand people ! What is so good about drinking ?

It seems simple bragging to me. "Look at me, I'm so outgoing right now. And you're staying home, looking at the stupid screen." I think it's pretty poor taste to publicize your social life on facebook. I like sharing and reading funny pictures and texts, some interesting articles, and of course keeping in touch with people far away.

I never joined any social networking sites. There's probably a lot more networking than social stuff going on anyway...

perfanoff said:
duff said:
i don't know why people write messages on facebook saying they are having a glass of wine / vodka or beer. Why is that important ? Why is it people brag about drinking ? I don't get it ! I don't understand people ! What is so good about drinking ?

It seems simple bragging to me. "Look at me, I'm so outgoing right now. And you're staying home, looking at the stupid screen." I think it's pretty poor taste to publicize your social life on facebook. I like sharing and reading funny pictures and texts, some interesting articles, and of course keeping in touch with people far away.

I mostly write jokes or post some of my photo's. I run a lottery syndicate so I keep the people in it up to date with whats going on. I write about my golf games also.

Ive had allsorts, I work with alot of women so most of my facebook 'friends' are women. Blokes write messages saying they are in bed with these women or in a pub with them or having a meal with them. Or they write romantic messages with crosses. It is showing off and a bit pathetic. (Some of these women I quite like so it is never that good reading messages about what they are getting upto !) - Often I feel like deleting all of them. About 90% of my messages get ignored. Some blokes get about 100 'likes' but who gives a honeysuckle ?

loads of comments about people 'drinking' - don't know they think it is so good ?
I call them 'people from the planet boring'

No offense to anyone, as i guess people can choose to get out of facebook whatever they want. Personally I think the whole thing is just a huge ego-festival, not to mention a database for the CIA that people willingly give themselves up to. If people need to get hold of me, they know my email address.

Facebook is about as useful as reality TV.

Hah! Facebook....I log into it like every hour when I'm home all day. To see that a lot of my "friends" don't even plaster my wall with pictures of them enjoying the night or day or whatever...except for some co workers I met last year. But they're good girls I think.

I had 61 friends and noticed my sister's ex boyfriend has removed me. I post some of my artwork from time to time and barely anyone says anything. Not even my cousins. If it's honeysuckle I give them permission to tell me how much I suck.

I don't do it to show off, I just think it's kinda cool to share one of my hobbies with them because they don't have deviantart accounts or even heard of the site.

All in all, I would say 80% of my "friends" are people I haven't seen in years and haven't made the effort to talk to me...because I haven't either.

Moe said:
Skid Row 89 said:
I liked Facebook until I discovered Twitter, much better in almost every way. Still, I could almost waste my whole day on it lol.
I would've figured facebook and twitter would be interchangeable in the useless department.
Hold on a second. Twitter is fantastic. I don't use it as a social resource like Facebook, but it's great to pick up the information that matters to you, right as it happens, raw and unfiltered. Let's just say that I was caught in the middle of a major natural disaster recently. Twitter was invaluable for up-to the-second info during that incredibly scary and uncertain time.

Also, your Twitter account is just the thing you registered using your email address. It doesn't have the same site and societal pressures Facebook has, where your FB account represents you in real life, and all of your associates and family members, for anyone in the world to scrutinize.

one of my 'friends' on facebook posted a photo of the football team we used to play for 20 years ago.

It's appeared on my wall now with aload of comments from various people. I'm on the front row and some cunt has written a comment making fun of me. That's why I hate having my photo taken, there is always one cunt who opens his big mouth. I find that everywhere I go. Always a big mouth !

I dont see the point they post random pic crap. Also I hate when they keep showing off their relationship statuses and kissing pictures just gross. Top of that full of jerks. Same with twitter but whateva.

I have never used Facebook. However recently I have tried to familiarise myself with it so that I can better understand the conversations of my fellow peers. That goes for Twitter as well.

As for using it - there's no real point since I have no friends and nothing remotely interesting to say; although as I understand, people just write pointless crap on it anyway.

Facebook has a lot of honeysuckle on it posted daily. The only reason why I have it is so I could keep up to date with the lives of my friends whom I don't meet daily.

"So an so has just checked in to such n such a place with xyz"

Cool man im gonna rob your houses! :)

Nah seriously tho facebook is facebook its what you make of it. Personally i dont use it anymore, there have been several cases in scotland where stuff has been posted on facebook, then your door is kicked in at 6 AM by some heavy handed police.

When i was on facebook i found it to be pretty much the same the same as others found, full of daft attention seeking posts and how good my social life, good for you well done guys but do you really need to let us all know?

I've never been very fond of Facebook. I used to have an account, but I deleted it. My friends from highschool added me and, well, I guess I should've never accepted.

FB is a very shallow thing, in my opinion. Most people there like to boast and criticize others.

Latest posts

Back