New and Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerlily

Reaction score
Hi. I'm glad I found this site. I thought I was the only one feeling extremely lonely. This is a really tough time of year to be alone. , especially for me. My husband of 24 years walked out of my life on Christmas Eve of last year. He left to move in with an 18 year old girl (a year younger than our son). This year has been rough. To everyone my life looks great. I got a promotion this year, received a scholarship to work on my graduate degree, and bought a house on my own. At work I am successful and I give the appearance of being happy. When I am at home I cry and cry. I have never been a loner and the loneliness of my new life is killing me. With work, school, and a twevle year old daughter still at home I have no social life. Thank God for my daughter! Without her I would have already given up. I have much to be thankful for, but my future seems grim. I want to have someone to share my life with. To hold hands with at the movies. To grow old with. I am so lonely. I just want a hug!

Welcome to the forum tigerlily, it sounds like you are making a difficult adjustment. I hope things start looking up for you.

*Hugs* Tigerlily. I haven't been through anything like that, but I am extremely lonely so understand that part at least. PM me if you ever need someone to talk to - I know I do.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Geoff.

Hey tigerlily! I can't think of anything witty to say to make you smile, but if I could, I would, and then you'd be smiling!

Just pretend for a moment?

Welcome to the site, feel free to ask anyone here for hugs. We have ready supplies.

Hi Tigerlily. From your post its obvious your going through some tough times. I hope things improve for you and that you are able to find some help on this forum.

I would trade extreme lonliness and sadness for a career and what not i think...

anyway lol welcome to ALL...
we have much to offer here... crackers... cheese... the occasional cookie when appropriate... i suggest getting a horse... if that is not an option...

may i suggest the ALL chatroom!... chat.alonelylife.com it's full of wonderfull people and good laugh times of fun.

welcome and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back