New from Australia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cucuboth

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Chris. I just found this forum, and thought I'd join. So. A little about myself ... I'm 36, and I'm in Australia. Don't really have any friends. Never have. I just don't fit in with anyone, don't belong there. I went through a lot of bullying during high school, and university, and even when I got a job. Now It's at the point where I often go for days without leaving the house, because it just feels like I don't belong in the world. From as young as I can remember, I've alway been the outsider, in any group I tried to be in. I've always had to do things alone. And I'm just beyond sick and tired of it. Watching everyone else have friends, and relationships, and never finding anyone who will .. well, never finding anyone who will be honest, and let me get close. And stay. The last date I went on was in 1996, and that didn't go well. I've never had my first kiss. Or even held hands. I can't even remember what a hug feels like. I've been told for most of my life that if I ever want physical contact with someone, if I ever want to have intimacy, I'm going to have to pay for it. But that just makes the feelings of rejection even worse. I've been in and out of therapy since I was 17. Since 1999 I've been to over 16 therapists, and they all end up giving up, saying that they don't know what to do and that I should just accept that I'll always be alone. I just don't know what else to do. It even feels that I don't fit in anywhere online, since there is very few people I talk to online now. There's no groups around to join, and I've even done volunteer work, but, that only made things worse. I'd just really like a friend to go out with, and do things and share things with .... I just don't know what else to do.

Hi Chris

I am sorry to hear your story, Life can change in an instant, it only takes one new door to open. There are lots of nice people on here to chat to, you may even find some friends who lives near you.

Welcome :)

Hey Chris, all I can say is snap. Pretty much everything you wrote there is me as well and I'm 37 now. Just shows you that you're not alone and surprisingly there are lots of other people like you out there who are battling with exactly the same things no matter how alien you feel. I'm actually making some changes so will be joining you in Aus next year, and see if I can make a fresh start. I won't die wondering, thats for sure.

Hello Chris. I'm sorry you feel like this, but trust me you're not alone. I was an outsider too in School and lots of people picked on me. Here there's lots of people who are friendly and I'm sure you'll meet friends here. It's hard to walk outside into the world but it gets easier overtime. Easier said than done but there is hope trust me.

Hey don't worry! Things are bound to get better and it isn't too late to turn your life around!You can always join a few work out classes or maybe a yoga class where people HAVE to talk to you!Or some club! Sorry you have to go through all that...No human should go a week without a hug :(
if you ever need someone to chat with or something,be sure to give me a PM I won't mind :) :)

just don't lose hope! And don't worry,you don't die like that! There's a lady out there for you who's worth the wait :D

You say a lot of things that resonate with me. I've never really felt like I fit in with anyone. I too was relentlessly bullied during my high school years; so badly that I was allowed to quit formal education at the age of 15. I was once married, but I've not been with anyone for over 6 years and any friends I had have long since moved on.

I used to stay inside for weeks on end, but I suddenly realised that it was doing me immeasurable harm. I now try and go out every single day and I'm kind of happy just being on my own. It would be nice to get a hug once in a while though.

I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Hi,

I'm also an Aussie, I'm just up the coast a bit... at Port Macquarie.

I'v just joined up here and I can relate.

Just wanted to say Hi

I can really relate on the feeling out of place and not really fitting in part. If you ever wanna talk feel free to message me. Im learning to overcome a lot of those feelings and changing my life for the better, it is possible to change but it does take a while to do. Anyways welcome to the forums and like i say if u ever get bored and wanna talk drop me a line. Glad to have you here.

Latest posts

Back