New Guy...Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie101

Reaction score
Hello everyone

After having been lurking in the shadows checking the site out on and off i thought i should go ahead and finally register. :)

Abit about myself. Im 28 years old male from the Faroe Islands whom are mostly known for whale hunting, The Animal Planet's Whale Wars: Viking Shores, beating Austria 1 - 0 in the 1992 European Football Championship qualifiers and for Bill Clinton popping by a few years ago (whom i managed to get him to sign his book for me when he entered the bookshop where i was training to become a bookseller).

So i have never been good with people, it was not so bad when i was a kid though i was abit precocious. But things spiraled out of control when i hit the teen years and the lonelyness, self loathing, angst and all those other fun things started to creap in. I never had any friends and the one friend i had sadly is no longer here. Made some good e-friends though when i started to play EvE Online, yea its e-friends but better than nothing right. As the clock keeps ticking closer to 30 the lonelyness feeling starts to get worse and the........well guess you can call it desperation is starting to mount.

Well that was the intro of me. Looking forwards to some good discussions :)

Cheers Charlie

I'm very similar to you, i've always been shy since i was little but then when i got to my teens it turned into social phobia after some bad experiences. And i know how you feel about the loneliness too, i don't have many friends and they are only online ones. If you ever want to talk then i'd be happy to :)

Welcome aboard mate! All I can suggest for you is what I suggest to many. Get yourself out there! Volunteer! Do free training courses if any ore offered! You can meet people and learn :) Just be proactive and sooner or later you will make some friends~

Latest posts

Back