New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isla

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Isla.
I'm lonely and heartbroken :( From reading many posts here over the last few days, i feel i will fit in here. My last boyfriend told me to appreciate what I have before I appreciate what I had. I did appreciate him, but not what he expected I guess. I'm not looking for love right now because I have to mend my broken heart, but it would be nice to talk to people since i'm quite socially awkward. I think i have trouble relating to most people online, but you all look nice. Forgive me in advance for the dark cloud over my head, i'm having a hard time with the will to go on. It just hurts so much, i've never felt this level of hurt - it makes my breath short. Time is supposed to heal all wounds, and i just want him back. I don't see a possibility to reconcile but i wish there was. We were so happy. Thanks for listening to me whine, it's hard being alone and letting go isn't it?

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, yes it is and it can get better if you let it.

Welcome to ALL.

It will get better. But you can't really predict when. You might just wake up one day in three months and feel better for no reason.

Gutted said:
Welcome to ALL.

It will get better. But you can't really predict when. You might just wake up one day in three months and feel better for no reason.

I've been waiting for that

hi Isla, hope things get better for you

Hello and welcome Isla,

Better at offering advice than taking my own advice, but from personal observations I can certainly say that things will always get better, even if they don't feel like it at the time, still though I hope things pick up for you sooner rather than later. :)

Hi Isla, I agree with Sci-Fi. It is extremely difficult to be positive about things you are unsure of in the present moment. It's something we must allow to come to us. Even if things aren't the best today, there is always tomorrow. What is it you enjoy doing because it makes you who YOU are? Here is a quote from a Moody Blues song. :)

Between the silence of the mountain and the crashing of the sea, there lies a land I once lived in and she's waiting there for me. But in the gray of the morning, my mind becomes confused, between the dead and the sleeping and the road that I must choose.

Have a great day, okay? And if it's a little iffy, there is always somebody to talk to. Don't ever think that you are whining when you express your feelings when you are hurt. It is how you feel.. and you must respect that as well. If you let things get knotted inside of you from not releasing your feelings then I can assure you no good will come of that.

Isla, hope you being here will bring some comfort to you---and find ways to connect with others, in whatever way is needed and best for you.

You have a lovely name...and hope that soon, it will be Isla de Esperanza

Welcome.

Latest posts

Back