New here. . .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

James H

Hi everyone, I'm new the world of internet message boards to be honest, but thought id give it a try in the hope of some comfort and maybe even advice.

Since as long as i can remember I've always been an anxious and depressed person, even as a very young child i remember feeling like this.
I've always managed to struggle through, I've been through alcohol and drug problems, nothing too severe in those circumstances, I've got a very addictive personality and I'm constantly holding myself back from absolute indulgence.
I've never been able to form relationships with people, certainly not with the opposite sex, I'm 25 and have never had a girlfriend. I have had friends in my life though, but not really at the moment. I do have family, my mum and my sister, my sister is just as insecure and unbalanced as me but deals with it differently, with boob jobs and lavish living. We've just recently started to get along though, whereas before we never could.

2008 has been my toughest year so far with my dad dying 2 months ago, ive really been suffering with depression since then, im in such a low mood and can barely motivate myself at work or to get any sort of social life. I wasn't particularly close to my dad and i swing from missing him to resenting him because of his alcoholism and the way he was. it doesnt feel like the depression is related but i think it must be because of when it all started this time.

That's my situation really, I don't have a particular question or point to make, more a general lot of things to get the ball rolling i suppose. It would be great to hear of anyone who has similar feelings/lives.

James

welcome :))))))))))))
i hope u like it here

is he in the right forum?...

Welcome James

I am sorry that you are having such a rough year. It is difficult to lose family members. It can be, even if we don't feel particularly close to them.
I hope you are doing well in dealing with that addictive personality. Alcohol and certain types of drugs can make the depression worse. Depression in it's self can be totally draining and quite a challenge to deal with.

You found the site and that is the important thing. Of course it takes awhile to find your way around. I would guess that if the mods have a problem with where the thread is, that they would move it for you.

Again, welcome.

Latest posts

Back