new here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was googling the word lonely to see what kind of blogs there are on loneliness and I ended up finding this forum.

I have already read a good portion of what is posted on here and I came to the conclusion that people who post here seem to be pretty smart.

I am a female in her early thirties and I just ended my friendship with another girl. She was in her late 30s but had a lot of issues. She disrespected other people's time and space. She would come extremely late to appointments, would cancel something planned right on the spot and would deliriously lie. And she would never say sorry. I was always there for her, including the times when she had really bad times. After her fiancee kicked her out, she called me and she insulted me. She also continuously stalked our common friend, a guy. She told me to stay away from him cause she said although before she had no interest in him, she now thinks they are a match. She told me to go hump another guy. Now, I am not that kind of a girl. I felt insulted. I decided to detox my friendships. I rather be alone than with people who are abusive and manipulative.

I am happy to join this forum. Looking forward to hearing some interesting discussions. :)

Hi ClosetGeek,

Nice to meet you, yeah I did the same and read most of the posts before I posted my own. Friends huh, looks like you won't be losing sleep over this one. I'm female and in my 30's too, since finding this forum I now have something to fill in time.

Hope you like it here.

My name is ClosetGeek cause I used to be that nerdy girl in middle and high school with braces, glasses and funny outfits. I shed the ugly image and became pretty but the geekiness still lurks in the background.lol.

ClosetGeek said:
Hey guys,

I was googling the word lonely to see what kind of blogs there are on loneliness and I ended up finding this forum.

I have already read a good portion of what is posted on here and I came to the conclusion that people who post here seem to be pretty smart.

I am a female in her early thirties and I just ended my friendship with another girl. She was in her late 30s but had a lot of issues. She disrespected other people's time and space. She would come extremely late to appointments, would cancel something planned right on the spot and would deliriously lie. And she would never say sorry. I was always there for her, including the times when she had really bad times. After her fiancee kicked her out, she called me and she insulted me. She also continuously stalked our common friend, a guy. She told me to stay away from him cause she said although before she had no interest in him, she now thinks they are a match. She told me to go hump another guy. Now, I am not that kind of a girl. I felt insulted. I decided to detox my friendships. I rather be alone than with people who are abusive and manipulative.

I am happy to join this forum. Looking forward to hearing some interesting discussions. :)

Hello ClosetGeek :)
Nice to meet you. Wow, that was some friend, huh?...lol Detox is a good way to describe getting rid of the negativity in your life.
I look forward to seeing you around, Kiddo :)

Naleena

Welcome ClosetGeek :)

Hi ClosetGeek, Love the name actually :D Nothing wrong with being a bit geeky lol just shows your not frightened to act your self.

I have never heard it been put in a way where you say you just detoxed your life. Well its a good way to put it and I have done that kinder detox many times be for. Sometimes you gotta lose the dead wood in order to move on. The problem is I am all detoxed now but nothing moor to move on to. I think you well understand what I mean. I think lots of ppl here would understand that.

Welcome here :)

Hello, welcome to the forum closetgeek

I think you made a great decision, if your friends were abusive and not cohesive to your well being then you are better off alone, at least in my opinion,lol

Nice meeting you in chat and I look forward to as you put it, some interesting discussions:p

Hiya

Welcome to the site. There are loads of people here who are very honest and open...I hope you will enjoy spending time with them.

Sometimes we all need to make tough decisions for the right reasons...and offen when we make those decisions, the friends that we thought we had are no longer standing next to us...it sounds to me like you are far better off without this person...and I think you know that.

Believe in yourself.

Hey,

Thanks to: Naleena, Minus, Scotsgirl, Bluey, Nevermore, Davechaos and everyone else (Krow, Robin, Drake, Kylie etc) who talked to me in the chat last night and gave me a warm welcome.

Catch you guys around. :)

Latest posts

Back