new here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had body issues for all of my teen years and a bit before. I kept telling myself I would go out with my friends "in a couple weeks when I lose some weight". This went on for years, even after I lost 40 pounds. I'm finally at a point where I'm comfortable in my skin, but have found myself with no friends. My friends of course stopped inviting me out when I continuously declined their offers. It's been so long since I actually had a friend that I feel akward when I'm around people at school. People are always friendly to me and stuff but they all have their own group of friends and I don't know how to really join them. Even when one girl invited me to eat lunch with her and her friends, her friends just ignored me and I didn't really know how/what to say to them.

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to learn some things here and improve my life!

Welcome Soprano Cupcake

hello soprano cupcake

welocme to the forum

ps

you're screenname is awesome!

XD

Hi Soprano Cupcake (love the name) :)

I hear you on the body image issues, but im fine now too, sort of :D

Soprano Cupcake said:
Hi,
It's been so long since I actually had a friend that I feel akward when I'm around people at school. People are always friendly to me and stuff but they all have their own group of friends and I don't know how to really join them. Even when one girl invited me to eat lunch with her and her friends, her friends just ignored me and I didn't really know how/what to say to them.

Hi Cupcake, my name is Caesium, it's nice to meet you.

I could relate to much of your post, Cupcake. I am terrible at socializing with my peers at school in group situations, and just don't really know what to say to them.

Have hope, and keep faith in yourself. Things will be better for us someday..every storm must pass eventually. The wind will blow the clouds away and our days will be filled with rays of sunlight :)

Have a great time here on ALL!

Latest posts

Back