New member from Ireland

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianD

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Brian and I am a newbie!

I am 23 years old and from Dublin in Ireland.

I am interested in sports and current affairs, but like talking about most things and enjoy listening and talking to people with different interests than me and finding out more about those things and broadening my horizons a bit.

I joined the site to hopefully make a couple of new friends. The last few months I have been feeling a bit empty, like something missing in my life. I have retreated into my shell a bit, and I want to try and reverse that if I can.

I have a few mates, but very few I would consider friends. I am quite shy when I first meet people, and I think that why I struggle to make new friends. Once I get to know people I relax and get more comfortable, I just struggle to get to that far when I meet a potential friend.

I would like to meet people I could chat with, share thoughts with and possibly even make a new friend or two.

So if anybody is interested in chatting to me or whatever, drop me a line.

Hey! Welcome to the site.
I hope you'll join us in the chat when you have time, and make yourself an active member of the site. Accents are ******* sexy, by the way. Hope you make friends, and have fun. See you around! ^-^

Welcome Brian

BrianD said:
Hi,

I am interested in sports and current affairs, but like talking about most things and enjoy listening and talking to people with different interests than me and finding out more about those things and broadening my horizons a bit.

I joined the site to hopefully make a couple of new friends. The last few months I have been feeling a bit empty, like something missing in my life. I have retreated into my shell a bit, and I want to try and reverse that if I can.

I have a few mates, but very few I would consider friends. I am quite shy when I first meet people, and I think that why I struggle to make new friends. Once I get to know people I relax and get more comfortable, I just struggle to get to that far when I meet a potential friend.

I would like to meet people I could chat with, share thoughts with and possibly even make a new friend or two.

My arms of new friendship are wide open, &...Hope you don't find this offensive, but the fact that you are Irish is kinda hot to me :) :p :D

Thanks everybody for the kind comments, made my day!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to know more about me

Hi Brian,

I am a newbie also, but 41 yrs old from Texas.

I, feel the same as you it's hard at times to meet new friends, or my problem is trusting them!

I, seem to think it's easier in chat rooms because no one really knows where you live or knows the people around you.

But, spending your time online having friends doesn't make it feel any better when you have to leave your house and go outside and not having that friend there.

Anyway if you want to chat good.

Currently I am going to college! Took me a while but, better late than never!

I, traveled to Ireland in 2003 and loved it. I plan on going again in a couple of years.

I, have a 7yr old daughter and she wants to go to Ireland really bad!!

Well gotta go, maybe I'll hear from you.

BrianD said:
Hi,

Latest posts

Back