New member looking for friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darreng

Reaction score
New here looking to make friends and chat about life issues. I’m 29 male from UK and life is very tough at the moment. Currently struggling with anxiety and depression which I am getting therapy for but this is taking soo long! So I’d like to meet friendly people to chat with and support one another. Everyone welcome

Speak soon!

Thank you happy to be here 🙂 I’ve never really been on forums before, certainly not for life stuff but it’s good to know there is always somebody to talk to 🙂

Thank you happy to be here 🙂 I’ve never really been on forums before, certainly not for life stuff but it’s good to know there is always somebody to talk to 🙂
No worries, you'll get the hang of it.
I hope you find what you're looking for :)

Was it CBT you did?
I did CBT in March 2020 during the height of the pandemic and it was utterly awful for me, but that's just my experience of it. My therapist never listened, gave strange advice and just spoke a lot of nonsense. My anxiety was through the roof along with my depression (usually my depression is worse than my anxiety now) and she claimed i had gotten better which wasn't correct 😅 . Then i tried it again in 2021 and it was online, but it felt like i was studying a course because i had to read through a lot of things and it was mega boring to me. Thankfully i found a charity who did talking therapy, but i was on a waiting list for 3/4 months and tbh it was worth the wait as it made me feel better. I hope CBT works for you though😁

I did CBT in March 2020 during the height of the pandemic and it was utterly awful for me, but that's just my experience of it. My therapist never listened, gave strange advice and just spoke a lot of nonsense. My anxiety was through the roof along with my depression (usually my depression is worse than my anxiety now) and she claimed i had gotten better which wasn't correct 😅 . Then i tried it again in 2021 and it was online, but it felt like i was studying a course because i had to read through a lot of things and it was mega boring to me. Thankfully i found a charity who did talking therapy, but i was on a waiting list for 3/4 months and tbh it was worth the wait as it made me feel better. I hope CBT works for you though😁
Glad you are feeling better! Yes I got offered the online one called silvercloud and that’s exactly how I felt about it. I thought it would be convenient because I can log on anytime but I did it once and that was enough 😂 so I’m waiting for the talking therapy now.

Glad you are feeling better! Yes I got offered the online one called silvercloud and that’s exactly how I felt about it. I thought it would be convenient because I can log on anytime but I did it once and that was enough 😂 so I’m waiting for the talking therapy now.
That's the name of it. fresia me, i think someone using chloroform on me wouldn't have made me as sleepy as that honeysuckle did lol. We had the same thoughts, because it was online i thought it would be ok and convenient but it was utter crap lol. Thanks and i hope the talking therapy helps you, the key is a good therapist who actually listens but luckily i got one of them lol.

😂 I agree it was so boring I kept putting it off and I knowing I had to do it just made me feel worse. So hopefully I won’t be waiting too long and the talking therapy will work for me. Ive felt like there was something wrong for a long time but never knew what and didn’t understand what it was. Tried to talk to mates about it but always found it very hard and the answer I usually got was “man up”. It was the pandemic that messed me up big time and made me realise I need help.

New here looking to make friends and chat about life issues. I’m 29 male from UK and life is very tough at the moment. Currently struggling with anxiety and depression which I am getting therapy for but this is taking soo long! So I’d like to meet friendly people to chat with and support one another. Everyone welcome

Speak soon!
Hi! That’s so good you’re doing something about it, there are so many things that can help with anxiety and depression. Don’t worry, things will get better ☺️

Latest posts

Back