New to the forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyone

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have never joined an online forum. I have never posted.

I am female, 33, 3 kids and a great husband. I am so thankful for my little family.

However, I find it extremely difficult to meet new people or make new friends, especially female ones. All of my old friends have moved away and I have not made a new friend in over ten years.

I think I have social anxiety. I often dread having to walk my son to and from school because I don't know what to do or say around the other parents. I am always very nice to everyone but maybe I seem desperate? I am not the type that has a clever or witty response to a given topic. For the most part, I dislike small talk. It's a bore and usually seems a little superficial. At the same time, one probably has to be somewhat skilled at it to make new friends. Ack!

I know I need to accept myself but it's difficult. I pray to make peace with myself. I feel like I'm stuck in this vicious cycle: I don't like myself because no one likes me. No one likes me because I don't like myself. I am a reject.

Hey lonelyone:D Welcome to the forum:D Hope you make some best friends here. We have most the friendliest people here in the whole world,.:)

Hello Lonelyone :)
Welcome to the forum. I feel you about other parents at school. I've never really liked hanging out with some of the parents at school functions. Always felt like some of them were fake and competitive when it came to thier kids. I hated the gossip that flowed between some parents. It is a real turn off. Again, welcome. Look forward to seeing you around.

hey lonelyone, welcome to the forum

you seem like you could use a hug

*hugs*

:D

OMG naleena, i just realized the lyrics on your sig are meredith brooks *****

i love that song!

I hate the world today, your so good to me i know but i can't change *air guitars* XD

lol, sorry anyways welcome to the forum

:D

Latest posts

Back