New to the neighborhood.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to all you fellow lonely people out there. I'm new to this whole situation, that being both posting and this particular forum. I'm a 26 year old male Graphic Designer/Artist. My situation I think is a little different than the norm. I would assume that most people are lonely from lack of contact with others, maybe just feel very isolated by their situations. This may seem very difficult for people to understand, but I am currently married and feel more alone than I have in my entire life. I'm sure it's hard enough feeling alone when you don't have anyone there. I guess just imagine you lived with someone and you still felt as though even they didn't care. This is how I feel every day. On the outside my life seems quite blissful. My wife is a successful teacher, I, myself am a successful art director with a solid company. We have a nice home, cat, and anything we could want. But just about every night at home, it's like 2 ships crossing each other in the night. I have tried talking to her, we have gone to counseling, but nothing seems to help. Oddly enough, we don't fight, and she's perfectly content. I think at times I would rather be fighting just so there could be some spunk in my life. I have friends, but no one I can really discuss this with, so I was hoping maybe to read about/chat with some of you and maybe start to feel like I've got someone I can talk to. [/font]

Hey there, and weclome to the forum.

Your situation isn't difficult to understand at all. Having been in that situation in the past, I understand it all too well.
I hope you'll find a little something to help you out while you're here. There are lots of nice folks on the forum.

Again, welcome. :)

Hey there blackletter, welcome to the site!

I'm certain you will find people here that you can relate to and who can offer you support through similar experience. I have met a number of people on the forum who are in a relationship and/or social, yet still find themselves lonely. If we had solutions we might not be here, but we do have each other.

Welcome again

No, it isn't difficult to understand how a married person can feel alone and lonely.
Welcome to the forum.

I can fully understand this also. One of the loneliest times in my life took place during a relationship.

It's far easier to be lonely when you're alone. :)

Welcome to the forum

Welcome good sir, that's funny you said sometimes you wished you guys had fights just to spice things up. The longest relationship i was in, we would do that i think, we just got so bored with eachother we would fight about stupid honeysuckle just to have something to do lol, we would always get over it the next day and act like nothing happened and just be kewl with eachother which was great.

sounds like your suffering from the american dream... except didn't hear you mention kids... anyway not sure what advice i would have for you. sounds like you or both of you need to find some things you can do together. Rediscover yourselves perhaps.

You guys should wait for the weekend...cook a nice meal together buy a couple bottles of wine, maybe rent some old movies... cook... dine... sip wine while watching old flicks... and then whatever.. yeah..

or you guys could get some computer games or an x-box and become gamer buddies... could own noobs online as a couple... i've seen those they make me jelous lol... these cute married couples that play vids together...

funny thing is, i betcha anythin, if she suddenly said fresia off to you today... and u were single and alone again, you'd feel alot worse...

your problem and hers sounds like simple complacency.

if I knew you guys personally i'd get you guys a bag of pot lol... sounds like you two just need to try new things together or whatever...

either that or get used to it lol... that's what marriage is... unless you want to bring kids into the situation... then you guys will either stress out even more and really get fed up with eachother... or realize your kids are what brings you together and stick together...

eitherway though... sounds like you both need to just go out and try new things together or whatever...

sounds like your hardest part is going to be overcoming your complacency... anyway good luck to you... and welcome to ALL

I understand what you're going through. I'm not married anymore, but when I was I often felt the way you do. When my husband left, I didn't even really notice, none of those lonely nights in bed by myself like most people describe, because I had felt that way even when he was still around.

While I hope your marriage has a better ending than mine, I wanted you to know that what you're feeling isn't that unusual.

Welcome to the forums.

I understand how you feel and you may be surprised how many people are in your situation. I am not married anymore, but when I was, I was extremely lonely. There is nothing more painful than being lonely when someone is right next to you. Now that I am single, I do get lonely, but it is a different kind of lonely. It is a loneliness that is easier to accept because I am actually alone and it seems logical to be lonely in the absence of others. When I was married, the loneliness was mixed with a bit of anger out of the frustration I was feeling because my husband seemed perfectly happy with the situation. My heart breaks for you. What you are going through is painful.

Latest posts

Back