New Years eve

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be diffrent and not moan about the fact that i will probably be in bed by 9pm snooring in the new year, I just wanted to say A very happy new year to each and everyone of you lovlies here and may 2009 be the start of better things to come for everyone.
Hugs to Naleena, Grundle and all the gang, you have made a big diffrence and been good friends.
xx
Gothmother.

Hey, invite me to that sexy scandinavian party! ^^

Seriously though, I don't feel any need to celebrate new-years eve this year. I'm not interested in partying. It's just another day for me, and I'm cool with that. Just another day with lots of explosions outside o_O

Gothmother said:
... i will probably be in bed by 9pm snooring in the new year...

That is my favorite way to do it. :)

I'm planing on going to a party.
Just suit up and show up.
Going with the flow. I'm in a cheerful sereen mood.
who knows...i might run into the love of my life.
If i don't, a one night stand will do...:p

I am doing what I did last year - drinking heavily, playing my favourite Beach Boys albums and sitting in front of a computer on my own.

Oh well.

Maybe one day it'll get better

I have the exact opposite problem. I hate the holiday because it's really just another night, but I'm expected to get drunk. I have many friends, all of them with crazy plans inviting me and expecting me to go, and all I wanna do is sleep because I worked 12 hours and it's been a rough week so far, and I can get up early to take care of some personal business.

So my dilemma is just another peer pressure thing. And it's hard to make up an excuse when we all live in the same barracks.

breakthecycle said:
One thing is for sure. My life will change until the next new years eve, that's for sure. I've had enough of all this self pityness.

Now that's the kind of attitude that just may get it done. I need to start thinking like that. (Easier said than done for me though.)

itsmylife said:
...To those who have already had their new year’s eve - Happy New Year. I hope 2009 brings some better times for you.

For those who dread this day or are alone and whose new year’s eve is still happening - Hugs to you all, hang on a little bit longer and it will be in the past!
Gothmother said:
Just to be diffrent and not moan about the fact that i will probably be in bed by 9pm snooring in the new year, I just wanted to say A very happy new year to each and everyone of you lovlies here and may 2009 be the start of better things to come for everyone.
Hugs to Naleena, Grundle and all the gang, you have made a big diffrence and been good friends.
xx
Gothmother.
am0204 said:
Good luck!
Change while you still can.
The older you get the harder it is to change.

Happy new years!

Amen to that.

And hanks to you all for the wishes.

SubjugatingH2O said:
I have the exact opposite problem. I hate the holiday because it's really just another night, but I'm expected to get drunk. I have many friends, all of them with crazy plans inviting me and expecting me to go, and all I wanna do is sleep because I worked 12 hours and it's been a rough week so far, and I can get up early to take care of some personal business.

So my dilemma is just another peer pressure thing. And it's hard to make up an excuse when we all live in the same barracks.

If it were me (and to be honest I've had about the same kind of week) I'd just tell them that and the Hell with what they think you should do.

The only thing we're doing tonight is a little home partying (some simple snacks from the fridge and some sodas) with her 15 year old son who is home from the local Boy's Ranch for a home visit. Then at midnight my time we're having a little on-line ceremony to delete our old MSN group. (woo-hoo - how exciting :rolleyes: )

New Year's Eve is likely my least favorite holiday. On other holidays I at least have an excuse to be with my family rather than be alone. New Year's Eve, however, has the reputation as the celebration where one parties and likely with friends, drinking, and perhaps setting off fireworks. It seems like most people are out having fun while I have not done anything with this forsaken holiday ever.

Well, this would be my first New Year that I spent "properly", that is, at a friggin' party with friends. :p Basically, they're all my best friend's friends, not mine, but who cares, they're nice, cool people and I like them. Went to see the light show with fireworks too, we nearly got squashed in the crowd like those pilgrims in Mecca. Still, it rocked. Got a photo with a Jack Sparrow doppelganger (we had to dress up as somebody), that guy really looked so much like him with the make-up and piratish gear. Doesn't hurt that he is also able to act in a very similar manner to Johnny Depp's character.

Up until now all my New Year Eves were same as almost everyone's here: either my family goes to my grandparents' place and gorge ourselves up (same as during Christmas), and then at 00.00 I poke my nose outside to see some fireworks or my grandparents are not here and so we don't do anything at all (yes, my family is boring that way).

Well my New Years was spent just having a few glasses of wine and sitting in chat with my fellow members who all wished me a Happy New Years, I was the first to see it in living in Australia that is. Last year I don't fully remember what I did but I know it was NOTHING. The best part was there were people in the same situation like me so this time I wasn't doing it alone.

So far this year has been pretty good on to Day 2 now and it's 8 months until my birthday. All I ask the Birthday fairy is to be kind to me for those up and coming months, might even buy myself a birthday cake if I can afford to, I've only had 1 cake before so it will be kind of special.

I think it is coming again
1.gif

i'll be probably doing a big, fat bucket of f-all. lets just get this smeg over with eh.. right then, a big smeg off to the smegging new year of smeg.

Latest posts

Back