new =)..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zip

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am in such a bad place right now. I don't really know where to begin even. I just know that right now I feel utterly betrayed and trapped by the world, my family, my friends, my town, myself. I'm sure a lot of people here feel/ have felt the same. I would love to talk to you. I'm seventeen years old, a girl, from Adelaide, South Australia (which I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate).

Have any of you guys head of Myer-Briggs/ MBTI?
Anyways, I am an INFJ going by that system. Unfortunately this means that I can't open up to people, even though I care for them soooo much.

But that's really the least of my problems.
I actually like myself, I think. I have never done a bad thing to someone else. I try very, very hard. It just seems as though my efforts never, ever pay off.

I don't think I'm really like a lot of people my age. I hate parties. I don't drink, I don't do drugs. Where I live, that cutts me off from almost all social activity... so..........
The other problem is that it's not that I don't want to have fun. It's just that my idea of fun is unheard of amongst my peers. I would love to talk to some older people.

I hate that life is a popularity contest. I'm not like that at all. I will love you as a person no matter how 'interesting' or 'attractive' you are. Unfortunately I think that perspective has contributed to my downfall.

Anyway. Hello, hello, hello. I would love to talk to all of you. =). :shy:

You hate parties, you don't drink, you don't do drugs? i ******* love already bro. You seem like a cool person i wouldn't mind getting to know you better.

And welcome

Welcome. And life isn't a popularity contest to a lot of people... You just have to find them. I never care about popularity either. I liked someone for them. And all the people who don't drink or do drugs... There's more of us out there than you know. Just gotta find us. :) You seem like a cool person to me. Hope you like it here.

thanks guys :).

I think it's just hard finding like-minded people.

How many people are there in the world though? Like six billion. lol. There are probably millions of us around.

:D

that's a good way to look at it. :). I agree.

unfortunately, what's the saying...

'to be alone is to be different, to be different is to be alone.'
Unless you find forums like this. ;)

I think the world needs different people now. People who care about more than partying, money, materialism.

**** right we need different people, sadly i doubt the worlds gonna ''wake up'' anytime soon...unless some kind of alien invasion happened lol

lol, I know right?

What calander says that 2012 is going to be 'the year of enlightenment?' Mayan, I believe?

Anyway!! Maybe something will happen, and change the world, and all of us opressed, different folk will rise up and lead a revolution and make the world awesome again. :p

Welcome to the board, zip. You'll probably fit in pretty good here. :)

I'm 21 now and partying/drugs/teenager stuff has never been my thing...and I definitely know what it's like to be young and not in to those things. Even in my early 20s it's sort of a blockade between me and my peers.

I'm also much happier and I find I fit in better around people older than myself. None of my really good friends are younger than 28. I just prefer to be around...well, adults. People these days aren't really maturing till 24, it seems. And even then don't change a whole lot.

Try not to let it get you down though. Stay focussed and you'll find more success in life than most of those sorts will. ;) And you'll probably live longer, too.

So what sorts of things are you interested in?

Brian said:
Welcome to the board, zip. You'll probably fit in pretty good here. :)

I'm 21 now and partying/drugs/teenager stuff has never been my thing...and I definitely know what it's like to be young and not in to those things. Even in my early 20s it's sort of a blockade between me and my peers.

I'm also much happier and I find I fit in better around people older than myself. None of my really good friends are younger than 28. I just prefer to be around...well, adults. People these days aren't really maturing till 24, it seems. And even then don't change a whole lot.

Try not to let it get you down though. Stay focussed and you'll find more success in life than most of those sorts will. ;) And you'll probably live longer, too.

So what sorts of things are you interested in?

oh, it's so, so reasurring to know other people are in the same predicament. I'm glad you found older friends that are now really good friends :). But jee, 24? I guess I have a while to wait. Oh dear. I guess a lot of us on here are 'old souls.' I've felt the way I do for a long time.

I'm interested in art, writing, directing/ film-making, music. All creative industries :p.

The course I'm studying at University this year is actually a course in Screen Production, which (is supposed to) give you the skills to write, direct, and produce films. So I hope that'll be good ^^

My favourite films are usually art-house. I looove art-house movies.

I play a lot of acoustic guitar. I loooove acoustic music.
I paint and draw a lot, =).

My ultimate, ultimate dream is to live in London, and produce, screen-write or direct movies. Or, even better, write play-scripts, design sets. That's what I'm working towards. I love London, and I absolutely hate Australia. To me, at least where I live, Australia epitomizes most things I hate about the world. It seems everyone here has very shallow aims, goals and interests. Sport, beer, BBQ's and parties are people's interests where I live. It's a shame that I couldn't care less about any of those things :rolleyes::p.

Socially, I wish I had a person who would go on little adventures with me. That's what I would love. Like, join community groups, environmental groups, go to the beach, go on hikes in the mountains, take art classes, take creative writing classes. Things that nobody I have ever met in my life would want. :p

Gosh, I really do go on and on.
:shy:

Hugs, Zip!

I feel for you! For most of my teenagehood my youngest friend was 5 years older than me... Most of my friends were about 9 years older than me, if you can imagine..

Honestly, if you like art, and hiking, and creative writing, then look for clubs and courses in them. You'll be doing something you enjoy and you'll have the chance to meet like-minded people!

For me, it helped that I like role playing games and I'm a fantasy geek - so I could always find people with enough in common to start an interesting conversation.

Don't lose hope, though. High school is hard on all of us..

Feel free to drop me a line if you want to talk! :)

Hugs!

Latest posts

Back