NO FRIENDS

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you just made a bunch of new friends right here, and most of us aren't going to judge you if you cry or let it all out.

Sci-Fi said:
I think you just made a bunch of new friends right here, and most of us aren't going to judge you if you cry or let it all out.

Thank you.
It's been a really hectic week. Actually, last week was a million times worse. Last Friday and Saturday were actually two of the worst days of my life. Just complete roller coasters. But I've kind of steadied out a little bit. I feel like I'm getting closer to something, I don't know what yet. I guess that means I've got hope.

lookingforthelight said:
I am in the same situation! It sucks to not be able to be open with your family and the people around you.

Yes, it does. I used to just write it all down, but that doesn't seem to help like it used to.

Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:
I am in the same situation! It sucks to not be able to be open with your family and the people around you.

Yes, it does. I used to just write it all down, but that doesn't seem to help like it used to.

I used to write poetry and songs and I could just LOSE MYSELF in writing a story, but I've been having writer's block as of lately.

lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:

I used to write poetry and songs and I could just LOSE MYSELF in writing a story, but I've been having writer's block as of lately.

That sounds very therapeutic to be able to lose oneself in writing a story. I wish I could do that.

SophiaGrace said:
lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:

That sounds very therapeutic to be able to lose oneself in writing a story. I wish I could do that.

I don't know if it's therapeutic, but it gave me something to look forward to. I'd always say "This is the one! This is the story I'll finish and publish and it'll be turned into a movie and everything will be perfect for me" but i'd never finish the story.

lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:

Same here. I remember being able to write (poems, songs, stories, scenes) and I would just be in a whole other place. It made me stop thinking about my problems, if not actually making me feel better. I've been having a wicked case of writer's block. Has lasted almost a year, which concerns me.

Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:

Same here. I remember being able to write (poems, songs, stories, scenes) and I would just be in a whole other place. It made me stop thinking about my problems, if not actually making me feel better. I've been having a wicked case of writer's block. Has lasted almost a year, which concerns me.

Me too! I used to want to write a novel. I thought it was my golden ticket to riches and fame and happiness. How silly I wa.s

The thing with writing is that it can be easy to get out of the habit. I know it's hard, when you're looking at that blank page and wondering what to write, but if you try and write something, even if you end up deleting it later on, it can help. Writing with someone else also helps because they're expecting a reply and it forces you to actually write something, even if it's only something like 'they nodded'. It helps to keep you writing.

Just my observation though. It might not work for you. Plus it's kind of depressing to read it and think 'wow this is crap'. Hope it helps anyway.

I said:
The thing with writing is that it can be easy to get out of the habit. I know it's hard, when you're looking at that blank page and wondering what to write, but if you try and write something, even if you end up deleting it later on, it can help. Writing with someone else also helps because they're expecting a reply and it forces you to actually write something, even if it's only something like 'they nodded'. It helps to keep you writing.

Just my observation though. It might not work for you. Plus it's kind of depressing to read it and think 'wow this is crap'. Hope it helps anyway.

thanks.
I'm just not good at forcing myself to write. Maybe that's why I never finish a story.

lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:
Lotus said:
lookingforthelight said:

Me too! I used to want to write a novel. I thought it was my golden ticket to riches and fame and happiness. How silly I wa.s

Me, too. I was convinced that if I could only write one good novel, I would be happy, famous, and never have to worry about money again. I still think it every now and then, but reality pulls me back.

I said:

That's good advice. I'll try that.

lookingforthelight said:
thanks.
I'm just not good at forcing myself to write. Maybe that's why I never finish a story.

That's why writing with (or for) someone else helps. It gives you an incentive to finish.

I said:
lookingforthelight said:
thanks.

That's why writing with (or for) someone else helps. It gives you an incentive to finish.

that's true, but writing is so personal to me. I often use things that people have said to me and I would feel exposed revealing my writing to someone else

Writing is usually personal to the writer (or at least I think so). The thing is to find someone that you trust.

Latest posts

Back