Not particularly enjoying life right now =/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ ML

Reaction score
But at the same time, I almost am. I'm 18 (turned on June 5th) and hadn't even gotten my license until just recently. Not to mention a car. So, as I'm sure you can imagine, for years I've drempt about my parents FINALLY letting me do this, and now they have!!!!!! I love the freedom it gives me. I live in a small, country town, so a car is a necessity to get anywhere. It really gives me a lot of freedom, it's great! But at the same time, it isn't as exciting as it should or could be...Having a car is nice, but not if you don't have anywhere to go...

I've lost seemingly all my friends, except for one good friend, Alex. I've mentioned him in threads before, as my "no friends" perdicament as well, too. I'm really glad I have him as such a good friend, though. The guy at least stops by to hang for a bit just about every single day. He's a great friend. But at the same time, we naturally have different schedules and can't ALWAYS chill with one another. So, there'll be entire days where I have the money/ability to hang with someone or do something while he's busy, but I simply can't...Cus I don't have anyone else, currently. Or a job right now. I have about 3 to 5 random acquaintances, but they have their own lives and are usually VERY busy. It's a bummer for me sometimes. Maybe I just hate being alone? Idk what the deal is....It just gets very lonely. And my family is also not a part of any clubs around here, like the country or rec. club or any gyms. So, other than cruising to different spots in town, even when i DO go out, I have nowhere to go to confer among other people =/ Kinda a lose, lose situation.

Anyhow...Alex and I were in the same group of friends this past school year. He is still friends with all those people and hangs with them here and there. I stopped tagging along steadily about 6 months ago until now, finally, I don't at all. It's not because I think they hate me, no. It's just, they apparently aren't interested in continuing a friendship or anything with me. I put in a lot of effort. Being outgoing and warm, kind, etc. But I was always getting left out of things. I was simply the "forgotten" person in the group, honestly. And to make things worse... Ever since prom when my date decided to spread lies about me being crazy, everyone has basically shunned me completely from everything. There is also a real ******* in the "group" named Garrett. He certainly does his fair sure of over-exaggerating stories and making me look like a complete ass, simply because he and i have our differences. So, out of a group of 15 or so people, except for Alex, I don't speak to a single one of them any more. They never included me in much, and would always blame it on the fact that the schools seperating was the reason to blame. But I was at their school for the first half of the day and saw them everyday...Just whatever, fresia them...Anyhow

I hope my "problem" here isn't misinterpreted. I don't have a problem coping or getting over what happened. Nah. I just simply am now, very lonely, I've come to find. I was just stating these things to help everyone understand my story and how I've gotten to this point. Though it does upset me a little that I was so unincluded all the time, it really doesn't bother me anymore. It's just my total boredom and loneliness. Very irksome.

I'd really like to meet a girl. I've been working on my confidence for a long time, and I hope that my new car and soon-to-begin job will give me even more confidence to land a girl. I know that making more "friends" at this point is pretty much impossible in this town, so I guess finding a summer girl is my best bet. I've been working on convincing myself that there IS NOT anything wrong with me or anything that makes me incapable of loving or being with someone else. I used to really think that.....Idk. It's work in progress.

I just thought I'd post about this. I'm just very bored and very lonely seemingly all the time, except for when I'm hanging with Alex. "Fixing" things with the people in that group isn't an option at this point. So I don't consider that something I should "do". I guess the best advice I'd like to ask for, is on how I can find a girl in this town? I'm a little shy, and have a little trouble looking people in the eyes, but sometimes I do just fine. Idk man. Advice?

well, thought of using the internet? I dont mean dating sites. There are plenty of applications on facebook and myspace for this purpose and they're very relaxed and there's nothing expected of you.
I would've never considered this option until someone on this very forum suggested it to me and now I have a wonderful girlfriend and I'm currently really happy! :D btw, im 25 and i'd never had a gf before.

Well bud, I'm in a similar spot, girl-wise. I live in a small country town too, and it seems like pretty much any female 18 and up you look at is either:

A. Married/in a relationship
B. Horribly off-kilter as a person in some way
C. A total hick (Same as B)
D. Any combination of the above

On top of that, a lot of the more decent ones move away for college.

So it's like...what the hell do I do? It's hard enough just to meet a girl due to my anxiety issues and the fact that I really don't know anyone outside of my professional environment, and there's not really any social places around here.

I've had some luck with dating sites, in the sense that I have 'almost' met some gals that way...none of them within 20 miles, though. I've also had some luck with just approaching girls I see, though the farthest I got with that was a 'kinda date' where I went and visited a girl on her lunch break then promptly got ignored/stood up.

So I don't know what to say. You might meet some people through your job, but other than that and the internet, having a vehicle gives you the opportunity to try and make your own way...like join the country/rec club yourself, or with your buddy Alex if you can. I dunno.

I'm going to sound like a broken record soon with this, but have you considered the volunteer fire department? If you live in a small country town, you probably have one. You probably wouldn't meet many people your own age, but I think for guys like you and me it can be a real life changer.

I think you would feel a lot better, and meet new people in the same position, if you could either get a job or take a course of study. Being at a loose end at 18 is not much fun. If you had some purpose you wouldn't think about loneliness, you'd have some fulfillment. When people are needy, ie make it obvious that they need friends and try too hard to please, it never works. In a work or study situation, friendships arise naturally. You could also leave home and have a bit more independence.

Good luck!

Transitions out of HS was a bit rough for me.
Yeap especailly growing up in a small town.
Heck at least when I was younger they let us cruz the strips.
Now there's nothing.

It just seems like it was forever but it wasn't.
Just hang in there.
I ran into a Gal one night during that summer and she stole my virginity..lmao

Just stay open..you'll find a woman or women.

Try to focus on your education if you can...
Give yourself a break during the summer.
Try to stay out of trouble...I get in trouble when I'm bored.

Try to find your interest. I personally like playing my guitar.

I met another gal while attending college...lmao I had her give me a ride home all the time.
Then I ran into my finace...a friend introduce me to her..i wasn't really looking. (It didn't work out)
Then I join the service...that was kind of screwie at first. It took me a while to get over my finace.
I was bascailly running around dating all kinds of chicks...they all just decided to show up in my life.lmao

Then I got arrested one night becuase i got into a bar fight becuase some dude said i was kissing his GF.lmao
I was actaully going to an after party with a couple of other chicks...err wtf.

Anyway...after I got out of jail the next day, I told myself .."no more women becuase they're trouble."
Just play my music with my band, go to work, and enroll in classes again....that was my plans..lmao
My ex-wf asked me out that night. I wasn't even expecting her too.

Even years later after I got sober...All I wanted to do was focus on my recovery.
My other GF asked me out.

What I'm saying is...find your calling or focus on what you should be doing and women will find you.
It might seem dull or weird when she's not in your life..but if you focus on your career and educations
it'll make that time gose by and you're not trippin out too hard or getting depressed about not having a GF.
Something about a guy trying to get his act together that some woman finds attractive.
Just stay open and keep a friendly nature...a woman will come into your life.

Sometimes chasing women is like chasing a flock of seagulls or butterflies...they all fly away when you chase them.lol
Sometimes you just gotta sit still and mind your own bussiness and she'll just land on your lap.
Kind of like a butterfly or a bird purching itself near you for no perticular reason.

Latest posts

Back