Not sure..

• Thread starter aninnocentbystander
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aninnocentbystander

Hey all,

I was surfing the internet earlier and I stumbled across this website, and thought I would register. More over to the point, I was wondering if I could get a list of what the symptoms of loneliness could be. It may sound weird but, my life has changed alot lately (parents divorce, brother went away to college, etc) and I really don't feel well anymore. My parents have taken notice, but I just don't like talking to them anymore. Also, my GPA has taken a dip (sophomore in high school), and I'm losing interest in things I once enjoyed, I don't know if its a phase or loneliness or if I'm facing mild depression.. any help is appreciated..thanks

Common symptoms

* Believing that "everyone else" has friends
* Feeling embarrassed and self-conscious
* Being in a crowd but not feeling part of the crowd
* Feeling shy and scared of others
* Experiencing low self-esteem
* Feeling angry, defensive and critical
* Feeling socially inadequate and socially de-skilled
* Being convinced there is something wrong with you
* Feeling disconnected and alienated from your surroundings
* Feeling anxious and sad because you believe that no one knows how miserable and isolated you feel
* Losing your capacity to be assertive' feeling "invisible"
* Feeling reluctant to attempt to change, or try new things
* Feeling "empty", depressed, or even contemplating suicide
Taken from wikipedia

kaviii said:
Common symptoms

* Believing that "everyone else" has friends
* Feeling embarrassed and self-conscious
* Being in a crowd but not feeling part of the crowd
* Feeling shy and scared of others
* Experiencing low self-esteem
* Feeling angry, defensive and critical
* Feeling socially inadequate and socially de-skilled
* Being convinced there is something wrong with you
* Feeling disconnected and alienated from your surroundings
* Feeling anxious and sad because you believe that no one knows how miserable and isolated you feel
* Losing your capacity to be assertive' feeling "invisible"
* Feeling reluctant to attempt to change, or try new things
* Feeling "empty", depressed, or even contemplating suicide
Taken from wikipedia

Hmmm.. I'm not showing all of those symptoms...maybe I am I just don't want to talk about it, I guess I'm on the right forums then. :)

thanks

aninnocentbystander said:
Hmmm.. I'm not showing all of those symptoms...maybe I am I just don't want to talk about it, I guess I'm on the right forums then. :)

thanks

Hi and welcome!
Good thing you don't show all of those symptoms! Good luck!;)

I have another question, sorry, I'm full of them, but is it possible to have actual physical symptoms? like...headaches..stomachaches...etc? I've been experiencing those for a few months now..even gone to the doctors to get them checked out..

I have another question, sorry, I'm full of them, but is it possible to have actual physical symptoms? like...headaches..stomachaches...etc? I've been experiencing those for a few months now..even gone to the doctors to get them checked out..

Well people suffering loneliness usually suffer depression too, so people who suffer loneliness might or proberly will have physical symtoms of depression

Like lack of energy headaches etcetc

Guest said:

Sure.. everyone of us might show the most different symptoms. The docs will help you to see which of them are actually psychosomatic.

Latest posts

Back