Observing Humans

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairmonster12

Reaction score
I stand on my back deck at night, and look out at all the lights in this valley. Every single light I see was put there by a human. Every streetlight, every lamp in a window, every endless line of tiny red and yellow dots crawling along an interstate, every little flickering glow on the distant mountainside is lit and kept going through the night by a human. A person. a Life Story.
I've noticed that we have some bizzare, yet amusing habits, us humans. For instance:

We name and number EVERYTHING, from the smallest particle to all the things we know on this earth to the biggest faraway galaxies we can see. everything has a name, a measurement, a distance, etc.

We focus our minds on brightly lit rectangular screens for hours, gathering information from them.

We form groups small and large, and when two groups meet, sometimes they cause incredible violence to each other, ending the existances of many.

Hello, I'm Philip a.k.a. Hairmonster12, totally new here. I often wonder if other people sometimes think this way. If you sometimes like to stand back and observe humans, knowing that you are one yet somehow different and distant from them, what behaviors (in general or specific, funny or sad, good or bad) have made you stop and reflect on we curious animals? nice to meet you all!:p

Yes, sometimes it's funny to "detach" myself and observe everything that way.
To be honest with you one day I remember I was thinking about hands: I remember they felt strange, and I started thinking about the cellular process that makes it so that fingers separate (apoptosis I think) when the baby is the womb... and about well.. my body in general.
I find myself observing the behaviors of groups of people, especially the rare times I go out in the evenings. How people and cars flow through the streets. Well basically how everything "works" lol
If you asked me about particular behaviors.. hmm.. I don't know.

Anyway, welcome :)

Yeah, i find myself doing that too. It's nice how you two describe it, it makes me kinda happy for some reason.
I don't really have interesting stories. I can relate to your story, though.

I attended a meetup yesterday and afterwards there were drinks.

Being shy/introverted I generally tend to listen a lot and not really contribute to the conversation unless I am 100% happy that what I say is a golden gem.

So, anyway I remember reading this thread and started observing those in conversation - kept me amused for awhile.

If watch carefuly this life its a miracle a lot of things that we could enjoy it .But unfortunatelly for us we find only things that we dond have we focus only an what we dont have

Now that I think about, I bet most people think about it from time to time, but yeah I do it a LOT. ahh well, got to keep my overthinking brain occupied right? thanks for responding!

Latest posts

Back