old clothes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I filed for my tax return. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. My job sucks so I never get the cash to buy what want. Yesterday day seen a guy I went to high school with noticed I was wearing my old hoodie he tactlessly pointed out since school so need to update the wardrobe.

Pfftt, if it still fits and doesn't have holes in it who cares. I'm 36 and I still have sweaters from high school that I still wear to work. Why toss out perfectly good clothes.

I still wear t-shirts from the 90's. My winter coat is one I wore in high school in the late 80's.

If it fits and hasn't fallen apart, why waste money on something new.

And for some reason people can't figure out how I pair off my house. It's cause not wasting money on things that aren't needed.

I agree with blackdot and scifi. If it still fits and isn't falling to pieces, there is nothing wrong with wearing it. Sometimes people can be so rude. Your clothes are your business and noone elses.

They don't fit. I lost some weight since high school plus a good amount are faded it Does effect my confidence but I'm cheap and poor plus half my shoes have holes on the soles.

Nothing wrong with wearing old clothes.

Now, if they are falling apart, it's time to get new ones.

You could go to a charity shop and buy some decent secondhand clothes. I get most of my clothes this way and can often get better quality clothes than I could if I was buying new, because people often give away expensive clothes, while if I went for new, I could only get the very bottom of the range.

Nothing stops me from wearing clothes/shoes/boots that I have had for years.

When I lived in a city, rather than the suburban isolated place I am now, I used to go shopping at the Salvation Army. I got a lot of nice clothes for cheap prices...and by cheap I mean jeans for $4! Also, the Salvation Army store's money goes to a good cause--an at least 6-month housing facility for men who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.

I still have my two old hoodies from high school. I'll probably have them for years to come. Super heavy duty, and only 5 dollars a piece. Couldn't ask for more in a hoodie. Plus, I still wear some old clothes I had, although, I've recently started to buy some new shirts simply because my style has changed since I was in school and for 7 dollar shirts, I'll grab all I can. :p

Latest posts

Back