$ on first date

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondered if anyone else ever experienced this or if someone could envision their reaction to it should it occur. It sounds to me like most people would allow the date to continue even after the request... intriguing.

Sprint said:
What would you do if a person asked you for money on the first date?

What would your reaction be, both verbally & emotionally?

This is assuming you were not friends with them for a while prior to the date.

I would tell them to go fresia them self's.

Depends really. If he's asking because we're splitting the bill then asking isn't even necessary. If he forgot his wallet and needs to pay for a meal/ride during the date, I might be a little suspicious but probably end up giving him the money. I wouldn't go on a date with someone I thought was untrustworthy in the first place.

For a big sum or for no indicated reason, I'd start questioning him for sure. If I think he's trying to take advantage of me, I'd probably stop going out too...at least I think so. I do have the habit of doing stupid things when I like someone a lot. :p

Bluey said:
Sprint said:

LOL This is actually more along the lines of what I was looking for .... what RESPONSE would "you" give said person.

I'd say that I was mistaken and had not realized that this was the arrangement, and then cut the whole thing short.

Sprint said:
Bluey said:
Sprint said:

LOL This is actually more along the lines of what I was looking for .... what RESPONSE would "you" give said person.

Well you just don't ask someone you just meet for money.
If there that short of cash they should not be out in the first place.
Or they should had said be for the date that they don't have a lot of cash and is it possible that you do something that don't cost a lot.
Then it would be up to you wither you paid for the date or not if you wonted to do something that was going to cost a little like the picks or a meal out.

If someone did that to me I would feel used and would feel there, there to take advantage of me and not there for me.
This would leave me feeling annoyed and if someone asked me for money I would say "fresia off" and I would say just that.

I am in no way tight and if I had a friend or a GF that was struggling with cash and if I had enough for both I would pay. But not someone I just meet. That's just plane cheeky.

Latest posts

Back