Once A Day Challenge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 1 (5/25/12): It's been almost a year and a half since I've logged on to this site. Still dealing with the same issues I decided to come back for the purposes of finding advice to better myself rather than to rant & vent. I feel more confident about myself tackling these issues now that I made a serious life decision that it was time for change.

Day 1 (5/25/12): It's been almost a year and a half since I've logged on to this site. Still dealing with the same issues I decided to come back for the purposes of finding advice to better myself rather than to rant & vent. I feel more confident about myself tackling these issues now that I made a serious life decision that it was time for change.

Day 2 (5/26/12): Got invited to party by a female friend that I rarely I out hang out with. I said yes knowing it will be a great way to get to know her better plus meet new people.

I am a survivor of abuse and my opinions and feelings deserve to be heard, not silenced.

Day 29:

I'm trying to better my writing by learning how do so better!
I'm also readying myself to open up about a topic that isn't very easy for me to talk about.

Day 2 (5/26/12): Got invited to party by a female friend that I rarely I out hang out with. I said yes knowing it will be a great way to get to know her better plus meet new people.

Day 3 (5/27/12): Decided it was best to put some distance between me and her to let things settle down a bit. That way I don't start losing my mind...

Day 4 (5/28/12): Working on some new goals in life.

My physical fitness. I work hard at staying in shape.

Dark_Poet said:
Hi everyone.

I would like to give you all a challenge. I would like for everyone to try and say one thing they like about themselves everyday. It's okay if you can't, everyone is different. Don't beat yourself up if you can't.

If you have a bad day, I'd like you to come back to this thread and read all the good things you've written about yourself. It can be anything. Write about how you liked that you finally did something for you. Just try to stick with it. :)

This may not work for everyone, but it has helped me and I thought I would try and do the same for everyone. I'll post here as well, to be fair. :)
By writing down and realizing your strengths, it can help you realize your value a little more and help you feel a little better about yourself.

Just a thought. ;)

I can't undo the damage already done to my teeth but I went to the dentist yesterday. So my cavities didn't get any worse. I'm proud of myself for flossing every night the past few nights.

I don't give up easily, I may take longer to achieve things than most people, but I get there in the end. It is slow and sure for me, I am getting there, bit by bit, life gets a little easier, more worthwhile, I just hope I can take this on to the next level.

It is a rainy dark day here but it isn't going to bother me too much, in fact..it's kind of relaxing.

Day 31:

I put myself out there by letting people know I want to be with someone.
I still have a lot of work to do, and I'm never going to stop trying to achieve the life I want, I just think I'm capable of doing this now.

I've improved in so many ways. I may not be gushing with love for myself, but I do see value and I care.
If I didn't, I wouldn't be trying as hard as I am. This is a very scary thing for me to do. I'm not the kind of person who is very open with sharing feelings of attraction or expressing desire on a level that people are generally comfortable with.

However, I really and truly feel like I deserve this and it's time I took a chance. The worst thing is no one answers and my life really isn't any different then it is now. I have something to gain no matter what the outcome. I'm so very very proud of myself.
Today marks a big step, and I should look back fondly the next time I'm sad.

Latest posts

Back