One With the Angel

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverMore

Reaction score
I was in bed, it was well past midnight, I couldn't sleep. There were shouts outside, people throwing snowballs against the dorm everyone was excited it was snowing, it never snows here let alone this much. But I didn't see the reason to cause such a ruckus, not this late at night, tomorrow was a Monday full of labs,work and above all,stress. As I lay in the dark annoyed by all the nonsensical joy around me, I heard a knock on my door. Since it was well past midnight by now I didn't answer it and assumed it to just be some prankster who fancied themselves funny. Five minutes passed and another loud knock came reverberating from the door, in anger I got up got dressed and quickly opened the door, there was no one there. I poked my head out and looked left, no one, looked right and saw someone running away towards the courtyard. In the right mind for giving them a vengeful scowling I gave chase. Moving at a steady pace I reached the entrance of the courtyard several minutes later.

The snow had nearly stopped by the time I stood bewildered at the courtyard looking at the considerable amount of snow that had covered everything all in one white even blanket. There were four people out in the center of the courtyard all of whom I knew jumping all around in an excited manner when they saw me. Maaaatt!!! they shouted "Come out here join us!" Taken aback and a little reluctant I walked out to them. The courtyard looked different, the trees that normally look dead in the winter seemed to come alive and bloom white flowers on every one of their branches and the statue of an archangel that normally felt fierce and intimidating gave off a peaceful aura with its new silver lining of snow. The benches green from old age found new life as they were painted white, shiny and new. They were all standing around a massive snowball that was about waist high. Two of them hugged me as I made it to the center of the courtyard. "Finally you came, we've been knocking on your door for forever".

"Its perfect packing snow!" one of them half sang half shouted, "were building a giant snowman, will you help us?". All I could manage was "sure I'll help". We began rolling another snowball, but when we tried to lift it on to the other, we realized we made it too heavy. Scraping the giant snowman idea, we instead opted to make two snow people sitting on a nearby bench. The sky looked like rolling waves of gray clay and I was amazed it could look so bright and alive in the dead of winter. Not too long after we had finished the snow people and stood back to admire our work. Someone commented: "I think they are lonely", so we made them holding hands and laughed at how happy they were to find each other. I looked over at the archangel and could have sworn it was wearing a smile. As we stood there smiling, carefree, we were one with the angel on the snow that was our cloud nine.

It just deleted a good portion of it when I tried to edit it, not cool:(

edit:eek:kay I rewrote the last bit again, its back

NeverMore said:
It just deleted a good portion of it when I tried to edit it, not cool:(

Well, I looked at it again now, and I am glad to say that I got to read the first version of it, not edited one....

NeverMore said:
punisher said:
Minus said:
NeverMore said:

Yes :)

Hmmmm maybe....

I'm so confused....

f_minusm_906c16a.gif

That is the kinder serial moment that happens from time to time that you never forget :)

Latest posts

Back