Opposites really do attrack???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NakitaKita

Ok how wierd is this i'm shy, quiet and not much of a socializer HOWEVER I cant seem to stop being mesmerized by this man who has the complete opposite personality from me... why is this?

NakitaKita said:
Ok how wierd is this i'm shy, quiet and not much of a socializer HOWEVER I cant seem to stop being mesmerized by this man who has the complete opposite personality from me... why is this?

Attraction is complicated. I believe that we are generally attracted to people who meet our ideal image of ourselves.

So, in this case, perhaps you would secretly like to be more outgoing yourself?

Biologically speaking, it's ideal to want someone who levels you out, on a sub conscious level, if you find you are too depressed, you want to ideally meet with someone who balances that out by being too happy. They have observed this behavior in birds and other animals, overly energetic couplings with other overly energetic birds don't survive as well as mid temperament birds.

It's just nature working it's reliable chemicals on you.

NakitaKita said:

Maybe it's not that he is your opposite that attracts you. Maybe it's that he is showing some qualities that you really like. Have you thought about what it is exactly that mesmerizes you about him?

it's sort of like yin and yan...balance.
Learning to compermise it more like it...in practice.lol
yeah...it's a litlte bit more complicated or I can't throw a blanket over the entire concept.
It's not always black and white....the gray area gets a little tricky.

In spiritaul principles...if you wanna learn about enlightenment.
Ain't nothing like living with a person that's totally opposite of you to get you to pray for god's
intervention everyday.....lmao
You know....the unconditional love, patients, torrerlance, understanding and acceptance stuff...lol
I can easily turn into a monk and stay calm and sereen all day....it's staying calm in the eye of the storm...that's tricky.lol

I guess...I saw the light and became awaken after many years....I prefer to have someone that's a little more
like me, now......lol
If a person had experinced some of life's challeges as i have...that person will have a sort of compassion
for me and less judgemental.
At the sametime i will also be force to learn the same (principles) lessons as I would have if i live with a person that
totally opposite of me. Bascailly becuase i'm forced to see a reflection of my own flaws and shortcomings.
Thereby I'm in no position to judge the other person's shortcomings becuase they're just like mine....lmao

To a certain degree i wouldn't want a person to be exactly like me.
At the sametime there has to be a common bond or connection I need to have with the other person.
Compatiblities.

There's a saying...I'm only attracted to a person that's about as sick as I am. :p
I can rephrase to it ..I'm only attracted to a person that's about as well as i am.....

well, of course eye candi usually gets my attention and puts me in a trance at first.lol
Then again...what's beautiful to me , some people might find not so.

I think it depends on what qualities are opposite. there are certain opposites that should never be together...like a white racist and a militant minority! Or an atheist and god fearing fundalmentalist. (just examples :))

However, I think certain opposite traits really work out. The 'couple' can become a stronger unit. For example, in real life I tend to be very mellow and calm. If i were with someone who was more flashy ansd agressive it could work well. I can help center her when things go wrong for her, and she can be my fire during times when a more tempermental approach is needed. If you like to do different things then that can also bee great...you can try the stuff they like to do, they can try what you like to do, and maybe grow together even more!

I think Shy and OUtgoing compliment each other well!

What does attrack mean?

I think she meant attrack = first attract and then attack

Sanal said:
What does attrack mean?

WTF LMAO. What you been on man? I think its save to say that she meant attract.

My own mum and dad have nothing in common. Abserlotly fresia all in common.

There like black and wight. Totally opposite. But they just go.

The other month I was interviewed by a social worker asking about my mum and dads parenting skills as there going to be fostering other kids out. He asked me what my parents had in common. I said nothing at all lol. He smiled and said. funny that. that's what ye mum and dad said.

Goes to show you don't have to have anything in common to have a successful relationship. My mum and dad have been married for 34 years :)

Bluey said:
Sanal said:
What does attrack mean?

WTF LMAO. What you been on man? I think its save to say that she meant attract.

My own mum and dad have nothing in common. Abserlotly fresia all in common.

There like black and wight. Totally opposite. But they just go.

The other month I was interviewed by a social worker asking about my mum and dads parenting skills as there going to be fostering other kids out. He asked me what my parents had in common. I said nothing at all lol. He smiled and said. funny that. that's what ye mum and dad said.

Goes to show you don't have to have anything in common to have a successful relationship. My mum and dad have been married for 34 years :)

My mom n dad are married for over 24 years now:p They have one thing in common:p They both have a stupid son (me) who always get slapped by a blue guy:p

Sanal said:
My mom n dad are married for over 24 years now:p They have one thing in common:p They both have a stupid son (me) who always get slapped by a blue guy:p

hah, I would not call you stupid.

But slap anyway ;) I only slap ppl I like :cool:

Honest :D

Bluey said:
Sanal said:

yeh lol:p I aint stupid:p I ma dork

Next time when you start liking me:p Tell me beforehand sothat I can wear a helmet:p

Sanal said:
Bluey said:
Sanal said:

Next time when you start liking me:p Tell me beforehand sothat I can wear a helmet:p

OK I well worn you first

Why do you look at your self like this? joking aside. I don't look at you like a dork and I certainly do not look at you as stupid.

You know one thing I have learned that there is one thing you well never have to do yourself. You know what that is? You well never have to slag yourself of or pull your self down. Cos there well always be someone else to do that. Don't be so hard on yourself man. Your a good dude. Give yourself a break.

Bluey said:
Sanal said:
Bluey said:
Sanal said:

OK I well worn you first

Why do you look at your self like this? joking aside. I don't look at you like a dork and I certainly do not look at you as stupid.

You know one thing I have learned that there is one thing you well never have to do yourself. You know what that is? You well never have to slag yourself of or pull your self down. Cos there well always be someone else to do that. Don't be so hard on yourself man. Your a good dude. Give yourself a break.

lol Bluey. I guess youre drunk

Sanal said:
Bluey said:
Sanal said:
Bluey said:
Sanal said:

OK I well worn you first

lol Bluey. I guess youre drunk

hahah, Good Guss

OMG! so sorry yes I ment attract - however i do like the idea of attract and then attack approach to some things in paticular. grrrrrrr!

I've got it ... I think i know why he's so attractive to me I see him as a protector a really strong person inside ... a man *sighs* the loyalist you can ever get ... someone who could probably over power me... *sighs again*

Latest posts

Back