Ouch

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugthecat

Reaction score
I guess I’m probably making a bigger deal out of this than I should but this has messed my head up for a while now and don’t really have anyone I can explain the situation to.

A while ago I started a new job evening work in a call centre just for a bit of extra cash through college.
Before I started in there I said to myself that I wouldn’t go here and make any friends, I had a full time job before that and I was in the place for years through that I made many friends, or at least I thought I did. I guess I get attached to people too easily I seen them as friends I guess I was just a work mate to them. Eventually I lost my job and a lot of good people. It really hurt me man took me ages to get over it and once I did I said never again.

While working in my new job I met a girl. Not usually the type of person I would get on with, I’m a mad dirty hippy with hair down to my arse she was a trendy kinda girl, you know like Gucci sun glasses and Prada bags not really my style =P

I often use/sell drugs mostly cannabis but I’m big on psychedelics, I always get sceptical of new people wanting to be friends, I always think it’s just to try and score some free stuff or whatever. Anyway we started hanging out we became really close we were practically living together for a year. I never felt used at any point from her she would always pay her share or at least try to if I was refusing to take any cash from her.
We had a day out during summer; I think it’s a day I’ll never forget. I introduced her to LSD (she uses other stuff mdma speed etc. so I didn’t feel like I was pushing her in to anything). It was an amazing day we lay about in the park sun shining everyone around was happy. That day she told me she never felt as safe with one else than she did with me, we talked a lot about us as friends and she told me we would be friends for life. At this point I had left the work place where we met but we were still seeing each other every day, so I believed what she was saying and I really thought I had found a best friend.

At one point her flat mate left her without saying anything she was left stuck no money etc. I wouldn’t like to see anyone in that situation but with her being my best friend I had to do something so I lent her the money to cover her rent, bills and food. I got the money back of course but I just wanted her to know that she could rely on me for anything.
One Saturday we had been sitting up all night talking. We were running out of alcohol and all that was left was a bottle of vodka. Now I can’t drink vodka it changes me in to someone I’m not ive ended up spending a few nights in a cell because of that stuff. I was not thinking straight that morning. We decided to start on the vodka this is where things turned to honeysuckle. One minuet I’m sitting with her, the nest thing I know I’m in my house alone and no idea how I got there, I’m still missing a good few hours of that day. I got a text message from her saying “you’ve really scared the honeysuckle out of me today, pls get home safe”. I have no idea what I’ve done. This was a few months ago. I didn’t have the confidence to get back in contact with her, was it really that bad that it ended our friend ship? I feel like such a dick. This is 100% my fault.

A couple of months past and I got a message from her, a bit soppy to be honest but it made me feel good and I really believed we would be meeting up again, she told me im one of the most genuine people shes ever met and dosnt want to loose me. We talked for a bit just over text message and she invited me up to her house. Now this is the bit that’s really got me she told me to come over one weekend, I was really looking forward to seeing her again. I sent her a message on Saturday morning just to see if she was still up for it and I got no reply, nothing not a thing. I was gutted that she would do that to me. Again I heard nothing from her. I heard nothing from her over xmas not even a merry Christmas text. One day out of the blue I get a message just asking if I have any LSD for sale. I didn’t have any in at that time but I still tried again to make plans to meet up, she always seems in to it but now it never materialises.
I guess at the end of the day I just miss my friend but it’s really left me feeling like the whole time I was just being taken for a fool. Was everything she said bullshit? It’s looking that way.
I have now deleted her number from my phone; I don’t use any Facebook or anything so now I have no way to get in contact with her. I dunno if that was the right thing to do.
I know this was a long one but if you read it thanks 
I dunno what I’m looking for from this post but I just needed somewhere to off load this honeysuckle its really getting me down these days.

I think the first thing to do if you wanna try and sort this out with her is to find out exactly what you did that scared her so much.

It does sound like she was geniune, to me at least. You had fun together, and although you did lend her money, you got it back. If she was messing you around she would have done a runner while she owed you...

I've had friendships break down over things someone has done when drunk/high. One friend did something particularly unforgivable to me when he was very drunk one time, and to this day I dont want anything to do with him as he still wont try and accept it or make amends.

So I would say if you are gonna reach out, you need to tell her that you feel there was something that happened that night that wasn't you, and thats scared her off. That you cant remember a thing but that by its effects you know it must've been bad and you want to understand so you can try and make amends and repair the friendship.

At the end of the day, its got to have been hard for her to have someone she felt so safe with do something that actually made her afraid, whatever it actually was. That would've shaken her a lot, and when I was in my own situation it made me doubt whether I was too trusting, or dumb or whether I was the one taken for a ride - and that will take time to repair.

Thanks for taking the time to read that lady, it's appriceated really man.

Dunno what to do its hard to get someone out your head when you've got no one else around to keep you occupied.

I guess I could write a letter something old skool and seems like it would be more personal than a text message and atleast showin I'm willing to make the effort.

Yeah I agree with what Lady X said. If it were me, I'd wanna know what I did that really scared the honeysuckle out of her. It must've been something really heavy for her to feel that way as she's been feeling safe with you all the while. It sucks to lose a friendship where you don't really know what caused it to end really.

And I like the idea of writing her a letter. It's cute lol and yes, shows you make an effort to want to make the friendship work. I do wish you all the best dude. Keep us updated how it goes.

you know im glad you said lady

"And I like the idea of writing her a letter. It's cute lol and yes, shows you make an effort to want to make the friendship work. I do wish you all the best dude. Keep us updated how it goes."

I was kinda starting to think is this what a normal person would do? Is she gonna think im a pure nut job lol =P

But in saying that i have nothing to loose here =)

But whats the deal with the price of stamps these days, man my pockets are lighter.

No I don't think writing letters makes you look like a pure nut job lol. It's sweet. Go for it. Yeah, you don't have anything to lose really, but something to possibly gain from if something comes out of it. I always have hope. You never know.

Are stamps pricey these days? I don't know. Lol. Good luck though!

cheers lady.

stamps man I dunno, Ive never actually sent anyone a letter before apart from some free post crap to some company orsomething.

Cost me £0.60, i was like wow man no wonder we have email these days(the woman in the shop just kinda stared at me lol). Tight as fresia I know but Im a poor student with no job =P

Been busy at a job interview all day tho (fingers crossed) so im gonna fire that honeysuckle in the post box in the morning =)

Aww :\ sorry to hear about your financial situation.

Good luck on the job interview! And good luck with the letter. :)

its cool man i dont care about the financial situation, money cant buy me love an all that!
Besides Im not a fan of working, im not sure anyone can be truly happy with a full time job. If I knew how to play a musical instrument id rather just sit in the street and play that for cash.

But besides all that I got the job! :D

extra wee bit of cash in the back pocket can never hurt!

Hey that's awesome! Congrats on getting the job. Now on to your next mission. Letter to the girl. :)

Sent that letter like a week ago now man, should have been there a couple of days later maybe 3 at the most, ah well I guess it just got lost in the post or something =P

Start my new job next week man lets see where this goes, anOther adventure! :)

Well you tried, who knows there could be a reply soon. :)

All the best with your new job!

Latest posts

Back