Our desire, our fate, our problem.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DemonsInside

I'm not too sure what we crave is love.. or whatever definition of love is.. We want someone to genuinely care about us and want to be around/with us, when they find out how we truly are..We want every little flaw to be defined as being us, not some oddity, we want acceptance, we want true acceptance, not just something on the surface. We don't want to have to try and impress.. because that comes into question of our true selves and our character. Just accept me for me.
Most importantly, my friends, is we DO NOT want society or anyone to throw us a pity party. Has life made us how we are? I think not. Our actions, our behaviors are results of consequences of our environment. People, and others are in our environment and we respond. You punch me, I cry. You don't punch me, I don't cry. It's as simple as that. I punch you enough times and the mere thought is enough to make you cry, see my picture?
We have learned to become as we are because we are safe like this, some of us aren't depressed or sad..but we are alone emotionally.
But some people do have bad lives..you can say that's it's only bad decisions, but really, do we pick something and say "Gee, I hope this does the worst possible things to me?" No. We are at least optimistic in our choices.
It's pretty simple: Let's say you have a rabbit or pigeon or wtf ever in a cage. The animal has the red lever and the blue lever. Animal presses red lever, gets a treat, animal presses blue lever gets shocked. Now the animal is gunna learn not to press the blue lever, because it's going to get shocked. It's "learned" not to do it because it's adverse. But if we make it so the animal is shocked whenever it tries to do anything, it's going to give up eventually. See the parallel? We have learned to become hopeless. Whatever choice we make is going to hurt us, so if we make no choice or do nothing, no harm can fall on to us.

This is why our future (not for all of us, each person's experience is unique) is so bleak.

DemonsInside said:
I'm not too sure what we crave is love.. or whatever definition of love is.. We want someone to genuinely care about us and want to be around/with us, when they find out how we truly are..We want every little flaw to be defined as being us, not some oddity, we want acceptance, we want true acceptance, not just something on the surface. We don't want to have to try and impress.. because that comes into question of our true selves and our character. Just accept me for me.
Most importantly, my friends, is we DO NOT want society or anyone to throw us a pity party. Has life made us how we are? I think not. Our actions, our behaviors are results of consequences of our environment. People, and others are in our environment and we respond. You punch me, I cry. You don't punch me, I don't cry. It's as simple as that. I punch you enough times and the mere thought is enough to make you cry, see my picture?
We have learned to become as we are because we are safe like this, some of us aren't depressed or sad..but we are alone emotionally.
But some people do have bad lives..you can say that's it's only bad decisions, but really, do we pick something and say "Gee, I hope this does the worst possible things to me?" No. We are at least optimistic in our choices.
It's pretty simple: Let's say you have a rabbit or pigeon or wtf ever in a cage. The animal has the red lever and the blue lever. Animal presses red lever, gets a treat, animal presses blue lever gets shocked. Now the animal is gunna learn not to press the blue lever, because it's going to get shocked. It's "learned" not to do it because it's adverse. But if we make it so the animal is shocked whenever it tries to do anything, it's going to give up eventually. See the parallel? We have learned to become hopeless. Whatever choice we make is going to hurt us, so if we make no choice or do nothing, no harm can fall on to us.

This is why our future (not for all of us, each person's experience is unique) is so bleak.
You make a good case :)

DemonsInside said:

yea, pretty good post...

To echo the previous replies, I also agree with the original post.

Sometimes I guess all we can do is to hope to find the red lever.

Very interesting read, thanks for posting!

I think life is just terribly random and unpredictable. Some people just seem to be more unlucky than others and get stuck with things they cannot really change (at least that's how I feel about some things in my life), thus all they can really do about it is try to manage the "hopelessness" to the best of their ability. Thankfully there are always some things we CAN change and improve, and since life is indeed random and unpredictable, perhaps we aren't so hopeless as we might think? Just some thoughts. :)

Latest posts

Back