Paper Project (plus a personal story)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided as extra motivation, when it is finished it will be put up for bids/auction, and the money from it is going to an animal shelter a few hours away. These people pull strays/injured animals from the reserves, along with taking in unwanted, homeless and even senior animals. They are not as huge as an SPCA, so I figure they would benefit the most from it, due to the job they have taken on.

I have the whole weekend to work on it too ;)

^That's so big of you to do that. Aww, thank you for doing something really nice Senamian. :)
Good luck with all that! Oh and show us the final product too. :D

They are just a small registered rescue - which to me, I had wanted to do a rescue before, but without support or resources it makes no sense. (Though in the future, I would love to do that for small animals and exotics!)

Of course I will show you it every step of the way! Especially the final product.

So, the idea here is to "build a base". It's without using any particular design, as it is freestyle... These pieces are not going to be seen, except perhaps the back middle, which will be cut down the center to allow space for: Velcro, zipper, or even tie up design.

2i6lyz9.jpg

11lhjk5.jpg

As you will notice with the right and left side, they are not even - on purpose.

zo8htt.jpg

2m2e1hc.jpg

So, the animal shelter has another auction in January out February and since I am due them my goal is December for finishing this project. I did not tell them exactly what I had for the item donation so it will be a lovely surprise for them.

As an update, we had about a medium box worth of flyers that were going to end up tossed out as they were last week's flyers... Instead I said that I would take them home and recycle them ;) they have a great deal of blue in them which will be nice... And the ink does not rub off like the vegetable based dye of the newspapers.

1z9g9h.jpg

I have been so tired lately lol... Otherwise I would have gotten more done!

However, the hearts are on there with "six strand floss" which is used for cross-stitching. It is definitely time consuming.

^Wow. I don't know what "six strand floss" is but whatever it is, it sounds bad-ass! That looks great, Senamian!

Lol! Have you ever seen cross stitch or needlepoint art? It uses a very fine string, similar to yarn (just not so fuzzy or thick!) :p I was going to use just thread but... This way it would not break on me since it is tough getting it through layers of paper lol

Sorry I have not updated anything I am kind of dealing with a rotated pelvis, aka body painful and the doctors don't give a ****...

Not. Move. A. Muscle. lol. Which is not possible :p Tylenol is all I am "allowed" to take and it does not work for this.

I have been trying lol. I just wish the doctors actually checked into things I mention. I'm not being "worrisome" or "hormonal" I seriously know when something is wrong.

Oh dear.. the ones you've been seeing seem so useless. Is there nothing else that you can do to get better treatment/help?

Move to the USA!! Lol! Seriously though, an American friend of mine took doctoring and knew what was wrong and how to fix it, when I injured my wrist. I don't think our doctors were trained.........

Ironically I have to ask my coworker (ex-massage therapist) to find out what can be done. I am also taking maternity leave as of December 6.... So less I have to move about the better!

Ooh! I hope from now until December 6 you try to take it easy. I'm so sorry it's so tough on you on your pregnancy! Ugh.. doctors. :S

Please take care, Senamian! *hugs*

Latest posts

Back