Paying for dates

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not arguing with anyone, I just like the topic concerning who should pay on a date. I think it is a really interesting topic. What I don't get is that sometimes females who think the guy should pay (like me) get labeled as archaic or gold-diggers or having double standards or a whole other range of things.

The truth is, and I am sure many of us think differently.. but for many that I have met. Dating is a form of preparation for spending your life together. And if long term you expect the guy to be someone who provides for you financially or who at least attempt to do so, then it would make sense to expect him to pay for you while on a date.

It seems even worse when people who claim to be feminist bash women who expect men to be financial providers. Because I dont think any social movement within our recent past intended to create an atmosphere where only one option is deemed socially acceptable or correct. I think that feminism is also about freedom. And within feminism women should have the right to fulfill their dreams whether those dreams are becoming the president of their country or having ten kids, staying at home and being taken care of by a man.

Also I dont get the double standard argument. Is it a double standard if a carpenter comes to your house and fixes your bench when it is broken but you dont go to his house to fix his bench when it breaks? No it is just that within your relationship with your carpenter you two have different roles. Your role is to provide him with money, his role is to fix your bench. And within relationships that works amazingly well for certain couples. To have roles, things dont need to be written in stone, but to have general guidelines works well for some couples.

I like to do coffee dates or bike riding or walking for the first couple of times. Gives me a chance to get a feel for the dude before I end up stuck somewhere for hours with him. I also like to watch them drive. How they deal with traffic tells me a lot about how they handle stuff othertimes. I don't play games, if they're ok and I let the dating go to bigger things I like to sort out ahead of time how we deal with the cost of the date. I got no problems with going Dutch but if he wants to make a big deal out of a night and make reservations at some fancy place where the salad is 10 bucks. HE's paying for it.

honeysuckle..I've spent more money on Renae within the past couple of months than all the money
I spent dating women last year.

Anywho...receiving is also giving.
Recieve with grace. Take compliments with grace.
Its not all about you...you must allow the other person to give so they can express their giving nature.
Its about BALANCE..if you give..give..give all the time, its kind of like a selffish thing.

it carries into other areas of ur life..such as sex.
I love getting my woman off..its like giving her what she wants N like.
She in return gets me off. She like getting me off. it turns her on.

Latest posts

Back