Perfect Christmas dinner in 10 minutes without an oven

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solitary man

Reaction score
Okay, so my oven door got broken and had to be removed about 3 months ago, and I haven't been able to find a replacement, as the oven model is out of production, so I've been cooking all of my meals on a George Foreman health grill, and to great results.

A week before Christmas day I thought I'd have to go without a proper Christmas dinner, as you need an oven to cook turkey, right? Wrong. I searched for "turkey" on the Tesco (UK supermarket) site, and discovered that they sold turkey breast steaks. My George Foreman cooks chicken breast steaks perfectly in 6 minutes.

I defrosted some frozen roast potatoes in the microwave, and placed them in the George Foreman along with two large turkey breast steaks. Meanwhile I steam cooked a portion of broccoli and baby carrots in the microwave, then quickly steam cooked some ready made smoky bacon and leek stuffing, again in the micro. Everything was cooked to perfection in approx 10 minutes, and I saturated the meal in some delicious Bisto chicken gravy.

I sat down to a perfect Christmas dinner, and washed it all down with two delightful glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon, then followed that up with a small strawberry sherry trifle.

Perfect Christmas dinner in 10 minutes, and without an oven! Who's the daddy?

It was so good in fact, I'm going to have a perfect 10 minute Christmas dinner every Sunday!

Latest posts

Back