Permanent Drug effects

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
I've actually quit the use of all drugs for quite a while now, but I did notice some permanent effects that appeared right after my early use of pot and acid. I'm wondering if anyone else, who has done either of these, has the same effect:

I call it pixelation. When my eyes are closed or when I'm in a completely dark room I see millions of faint little pixels everywhere. They are multi-color and whether there is light or not I cannot look at a black surface without seeing them.

Not that it bothers me or anything, I'm just curious and want to verify that the use of these chemicals is indeed the cause.

Oh but I see thousands of white darks whenever I look at something dark. *shrug* >.>

Yes, Phaedron. I have a whole host of leftover effects from drug use, including visual phenomena from hallucinogens.

I really don't know if it is from the use of the drugs. I have all sorts of problems that I attribute to my recreational drug use but it can also be from my medications for depression, anxiety, etc. I have been taking them for 20 years or so and while using recreational drugs and drinking. I say that I am playing Russian Roulette and someday the bullet is going to be in my chamber! It is hard to stop using, and you may not like what I am going to say, but if you are strong enough to stop for a while, maybe you should try not going back to it. If what you are experiencing is from the drugs, it may get worse or you may have other problems that can occur. None of us know what these drugs really do to our systems. I doubt if I helped you much, but I hope that you get some answers that help you! Good luck!

That "pixelation" always happened to me when I since I remember,and I never touched any drugs,so yeah,no side effect. And I didn't saw it as "pixelation" but as a reflection of light outside my eyes and the shadow caused by the pupils. (and it's exacly like you described)

That "pixelation" thing is pretty common. It's the response your rods and cones in your eye have to the sudden absence of light. They still hold some light, so those changing, blinking "pixels" are just rods and cones firing off the rest of the light they'd absorbed.

Yeah, I get that and I've never touched a single drug. I think BJD hit it right on there. It's actually kind of cool.

Poueff said:
That "pixelation" always happened to me when I since I remember,and I never touched any drugs,so yeah,no side effect. And I didn't saw it as "pixelation" but as a reflection of light outside my eyes and the shadow caused by the pupils. (and it's exacly like you described)

You better not either. Sorry I just had to say that. :D

Latest posts

Back