Piss Off Regular Cigarettes!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonYells said:
LoneKiller said:
RonYells said:
Hey at what age did you guys started smoking? How many years has it been since then? I'm just worried since I think I've smoked way above the average for my age. I started 15, now 23, a pack a day on the average.
Hi RonYells. Nice to meet you.:)

I started smoking around 18. I'm 38 now. I quit around 7 months or so ago. The improvement is amazing.

20 years?! man, that is inspirational :)
Congratulations, and I hope you'll be able to fight off the regression well and positively :)
I guess all I can do now is farm up my Will Power points until I'm confident I can quit for real
Thank you.:) Don't worry. If you want it bad enough you'll succeed.

RonYells said:
Hey at what age did you guys started smoking? How many years has it been since then? I'm just worried since I think I've smoked way above the average for my age. I started 15, now 23, a pack a day on the average.

I started at 11. By the age of 15 I was smoking around a pack a day. By the time I reached 20 I was smoking 3 packs a day and that's when I decided to quit.

I'm now 38 and still a non-smoker.

For every post i see about someone successfully quitting cigarettes after such a long time, my Will Power point increases by +5. hahaha

Quitting cold turkey as of half an hour ago.

Hopefully the shame of potentially starting again will help prevent me from taking them up.

perfanoff said:
Quitting cold turkey as of half an hour ago.

Hopefully the shame of potentially starting again will help prevent me from taking them up.
That's great! 30min. is pretty long in a smoker's life.
Keep it up. Don't let it beat you. Every minute you refrain from smoking is one more minute your lungs get a rest from smoke and other chemicals.

Thanks man. 2:30h. The first 72 hours are the worst (the nicotine withdrawal) and then it's much easier, so I have something to look forward to.

Thanks man, helped a lot just in time for my first craving.

God. It's such an evil drug.

perfanoff said:
Thanks man, helped a lot just in time for my first craving.

God. It's such an evil drug.
I know right? They're brutal. Especially when you see ER doctors out back smoking. They of all people should be able quit easier given their knowledge of the body.

Isn't there any medication available you can use? Like Zyban or Champix, these are both available on the NHS over here and work well. I know a few people who've stopped using these, and my uncle is in the process of stopping, he's doing well, not smoked since last Tuesday and apparently doesn't feel the need for one.

9006 said:
Isn't there any medication available you can use? Like Zyban or Champix, these are both available on the NHS over here and work well. I know a few people who've stopped using these, and my uncle is in the process of stopping, he's doing well, not smoked since last Tuesday and apparently doesn't feel the need for one.
I don't know much about the pills except that a friend of my father's tried Zyban, but no help. The mistake he made was that he figured that if he just popped the pills and let them do their work, he'd be alright. He was wrong. Pills aren't a miracle drug. You must work with them.

LoneKiller said:
I don't know much about the pills except that a friend of my father's tried Zyban, but no help. The mistake he made was that he figured that if he just popped the pills and let them do their work, he'd be alright. He was wrong. Pills aren't a miracle drug. You must work with them.

To be honest I've heard nothing but good news about them. The stuff you can get prescribed is best, you smoke for a week while taking them, then after that you literally don't need to smoke, just like that - obviously you keep taking the pills until your prescription is up.

A couple of people have kicked it with these, in order for you to get your prescription you need to keep going back to your GP to blow carbon monoxide results.

I'm not currently insured and even when my insurance goes through, it won't cover "quit smoking aids". A big part of the reason to stop smoking is that I need to somehow survive on very little money this month after paying off my insurance so paying for medication is out of the question. Thanks for the thoughts though. It actually isn't hard to quit smoking, just shitty in terms of emotions. Definitely feels less worse than breaking up with someone.

This thread reminded me of something. Years ago I was seeing a shrink. I asked him if he could prescribe me a medication to help me quit.(Not pills. Some $400 program.) He had no problem doing so, and then said something to me that was interesting.

He said Jason, I can prescribe you something, but I'm not sure how we can keep your hands busy. This leads me to believe that keeping your hands active may be a key factor in quitting.

I know the best way to keep my hands busy - any female volunteers out there, if you know what I mean?

(bra can work but is not mandatory) :)

Do you buy tailor mades or roll them yourself?

The reason I asked if you were smoking tm's or not is often they are very expensive. It would amaze you at just how much cheaper e-cigs really are. Below is a forum dedicated to e-cigs. It would be a good spot to check out for info purposes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Are we talking about breasts, or cigarettes here? :p

Yeah I used to buy them. Last one I got (really) into and smoked even today was Dunhill switch.

There was an e-cigarette shop in the vicinity, I checked it out today but it's out of business. They were springing like mushrooms all over the city!, but I guess most of the people that wanted to quit using e-cigarettes, have already done so.

Anyway NRT may be much less effective than non-NRT - I used to do quite a lot of research on the topic last time I was preparing to quit. It could be one of the scams that are sponsored by Big Pharma.

Nice to hear someone's having luck with e-cigs. At an upscale tobacco shop downtown they're the latest craze. But at the shops near me, nobody buys them. They look interesting and cool though.

I smoked Camel unfiltereds and Lucky Strike unfiltereds for nearly three years. Before I quit, I was up to 6 a day and shot my stamina to hell in a hand basket. Camels cost me about $7 a pack and the Luckies cost me $9-12. I tried rolling my own, but I thought it was a hassle. I don't miss the funny smells in my room, clothes, or cars.

I tried some generic pills and the gum, yet they didn't do any good. I just toned down on the number I smoked a day til I quit. It sucked and gave me a mental fog so unbearable that I would forget what I was doing 15 minutes ago.

I still smoke cigars though.

One other plus to e-cigs is the lack of smoke. In my room I have 4 gaming consoles, coffee maker, television, cable box, and my computer. You would not believe the damage cigarette smoke can cause to your electronics. It's horrendous. My PS3 cost a little north $250, my television a few hundred more. You should see the lens inside of a PS2 with smoke residue on it. It's appalling.

In case you are wondering why I have PS2 and PS3 it's because the PS3 will play both PS3 and PS1 titles but not PS2. I still don't understand why.

Latest posts

Back