Planning your Future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginock

Reaction score
How much do you plan your own future? It don't mean "in forty years time I want to..." but planning for however long you feel you need to. For example this morning I am not going to lie I was little bit down because I had no idea what I was going to do with myself over the coming week or indeed weekend, I then cheered up at bit as there is the prospect of seeing a friend for coffee tomorrow after work which will be nice.

It does upset me a bit though if I get near to a friday and think "I have no idea what I am doing with my weekend", I think it comes down to the fact I like to know what I am doing, where I am going and be able to plan almost every minute of my life and if this is disrupted it sends me into a mess and makes me lethargic.

Am I alone in this? I'm the only one who needs to do this and struggles to "live in the now" as it were? I hate living in the now, I cannot alter the now because it is well, now. I just find it to hard...

I have three retirement accounts, a will, and beneficiaries listed on all insurance policies. Also plan on doing a reverse mortgage on my house when I get older since I have no family to leave it to. I'd love to be buried with just enough $$$ to cover my burial expenses and to take care of any pets I have at the time. :)

Ahahah XD At times I can't even plan what I'm going to do tomorrow, or even today XD

I always try to have some idea of what I'm going to do, if only to ensure that I don't do nothing and wallow.

I think I come across as having a fluid personality, but planning is important to me. If I'm in a classroom with materials, facts, and objectives, I can easily lay out a plan for myself and others. In situations that can't be handled that way I feel powerless.

I don't look too far into the future, but I do like to be prepared. I save as much of my money as I can in case something arises that needs to be replaced or repaired....or the inevitable medical bill that the insurance won't cover. :club:
There's also another part of my future (deals more with someone else's future, or lack thereof) that I do need to plan for, but that's a hard one and obviously I can't do that alone, as it deals with someone else.

Aside from that, I don't really plan for much else. I will have to consider college options for my oldest kid this school year and things like that, but other than that, I deal with things as they come.

Latest posts

Back