Possible, though irresponsible, first step?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorg

Reaction score
Adderall.

I don't have ADHD and I was not prescribed the amphetamine, but about half a year ago I made an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone would sell me any. Yes it was illegal, but I was desperate and I had heard Adderall increased your self-esteem and made you talkative, two things that I couldn't seem to do on my own.

I ended up getting in touch with a girl who would sell me these pills. The deal went off without a hitch. I had the Adderall, I took the Adderall, and I went to a party which I normally wouldn't have gone to. The Adderall worked, I felt it (it gives a nice euphoric buzz as well), my shyness was obliterated. I had a great time and it made an impact on how I thought of myself. After my experience at the party my self-esteem increased to such an extent that I really didn't need the Adderall again (though I have taken it a few times since).

I believe that shyness is the result of bad experiences, embarrassing, alienating, depressing experiences. Shyness protects us from experiencing these types of experiences again, and so we don't bother experiencing anything at all, out of fear. What we need instead are good experiences, ones that show us that we are worth something, we are funny, and people will like us if let them in. The Adderall helped me gain an experience like that and set me on a path of having more of those experiences.

I'm not saying that we all need to take Adderall to beat our shyness, but I'm saying that I think I'd be a lot unhappier if I never took that drug. I'm also not advising that one blithely take Adderall to help them with their shyness, as it is illegal without a prescription for a reason and one should definitely research it before taking it. But, it helped me as a first step and I don't regret taking it.

You're **** lucky that she didn't turn out to be a narc. Nothing like advertising that you want to make an illegal drug buy.

Making an ad isn't illegal, going through with the deal is and I had vetted her a bit before actually going through with it. Yes it was dangerous, but I think cops have better things to do than sit on craigslist.

I’m thinking that coming to a forum where there are many vulnerable people to talk about taking illegal drugs to overcome shyness and “get people to like you” is really not a clever move.

itsmylife said:
I’m thinking that coming to a forum where there are many vulnerable people to talk about taking illegal drugs to overcome shyness and “get people to like you” is really not a clever move.

I think you're insulting the intelligence of people on this forum. People can come to their own conclusions on whether doing an illegal drug is wrong or not (some of us don't blithely accept that all drugs are bad). What I'm doing here is sharing a positive experience.

Zorg said:
Making an ad isn't illegal, going through with the deal is and I had vetted her a bit before actually going through with it. Yes it was dangerous, but I think cops have better things to do than sit on craigslist.

You'd be surprised. It doesn't take much time out of their day to reply to an ad.

Just a word of warning.

The thing is, are you dependent on it?

Also, I work for the police, so trust me on this, no they don't have better things to do.

Zorg said:
itsmylife said:

I think you're insulting the intelligence of people on this forum. People can come to their own conclusions on whether doing an illegal drug is wrong or not (some of us don't blithely accept that all drugs are bad). What I'm doing here is sharing a positive experience.

While I agree with itsmylife, I also agree with Zorg. However, Zorg, many people, like yourself, would do anything to get that "boost". Like you did. In my opinion, it isn't very smart to talk about that. Some people may think exactly how you did. It's like talking to an alcoholic about a liquor store around the corner.

Zorg said:
Adderall.

I don't have ADHD and I was not prescribed the amphetamine, but about half a year ago I made an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone would sell me any. Yes it was illegal, but I was desperate and I had heard Adderall increased your self-esteem and made you talkative, two things that I couldn't seem to do on my own.

I ended up getting in touch with a girl who would sell me these pills. The deal went off without a hitch. I had the Adderall, I took the Adderall, and I went to a party which I normally wouldn't have gone to. The Adderall worked, I felt it (it gives a nice euphoric buzz as well), my shyness was obliterated. I had a great time and it made an impact on how I thought of myself. After my experience at the party my self-esteem increased to such an extent that I really didn't need the Adderall again (though I have taken it a few times since).

I believe that shyness is the result of bad experiences, embarrassing, alienating, depressing experiences. Shyness protects us from experiencing these types of experiences again, and so we don't bother experiencing anything at all, out of fear. What we need instead are good experiences, ones that show us that we are worth something, we are funny, and people will like us if let them in. The Adderall helped me gain an experience like that and set me on a path of having more of those experiences.

I'm not saying that we all need to take Adderall to beat our shyness, but I'm saying that I think I'd be a lot unhappier if I never took that drug. I'm also not advising that one blithely take Adderall to help them with their shyness, as it is illegal without a prescription for a reason and one should definitely research it before taking it. But, it helped me as a first step and I don't regret taking it.

I have to disagree slightly with what you said about shyness being caused by outside influences only. I think that sometimes people are just born introverts. Now, having said that, I do agree that you are correct about the majority of shyness in people comes from their life experiences. And I also agree that, in a lot of cases, it only takes a few GOOD experiences, and the euphoric feeling of well-being that one might derive from these experiences, to lend a certain amount of confidence. So, while I'm not condoning drug use, I'm certainly happy that you found the means to make your life happier. :) You took a BIG risk, and I hope that you don't continue to take the meds, but again, I'm happy to hear that you have had some success in dealing with your shyness.
Welcome to the forum, BTW. :D

Most of the ADD medications are rather closely related to cocaine, so be careful. I have a brother who was on Ritalin for years and let me just say that different people experience different things from all mind altering substances. I have never heard him say it made him more talkative. It did however cause him to develop ticks and many other scary behaviors.

Zorq has been here 6 months.

Skorian said:
Most of the ADD medications are rather closely related to cocaine, so be careful. I have a brother who was on Ritalin for years and let me just say that different people experience different things from all mind altering substances. I have never heard him say it made him more talkative. It did however cause him to develop ticks and many other scary behaviors.

Zorq has been here 6 months.

Six posts in six months. No wonder I thought he was new.

Some people are serious lurkers. There are a few who have been here even longer. Some who stay invis and have about as many.

I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same when i first took ecstacy. Tho I think alcohol is an easier and safer option to overcoming social insecurities. After I've had a few beers Im comfortable being my complete self and just enjoying anyones company. But when i was on E, and around many other people on it, everyone was soo friendly and talkative. fresia reality, live in altered state of it lol.

Choose a friend and show him lots of love
No drugs

Long term solution to battle social insecurity:
Make good friends

VanillaCreme said:
Zorg said:
itsmylife said:

While I agree with itsmylife, I also agree with Zorg. However, Zorg, many people, like yourself, would do anything to get that "boost". Like you did. In my opinion, it isn't very smart to talk about that. Some people may think exactly how you did. It's like talking to an alcoholic about a liquor store around the corner.

Eek sorry wasn’t meant as an insult to anyone! I just have a thing about drugs. That and I was typing with my foot in my mouth yesterday lol.
Zorg, I’m glad that you are making progress with your loneliness I just hope you find better ways to succeed than this way that’s all.

itsmylife said:
VanillaCreme said:
Zorg said:
itsmylife said:

Eek sorry wasn’t meant as an insult to anyone! I just have a thing about drugs. That and I was typing with my foot in my mouth yesterday lol.
Zorg, I’m glad that you are making progress with your loneliness I just hope you find better ways to succeed than this way that’s all.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Those who are intelligent enough not to believe that a single trip on drugs obtained illegally is a true "positive experience" are intelligent enough to know you didn't mean that as in insult.

Latest posts

Back