Promises

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a promise to the "tied for first place" most important person in my life, and I wouldn't care if I was tortured, I wouldn't break it!

I don't make promises. Because, then I'll keep them. That's just how I am. It becomes a solemn promise ingrained in my heart to fulfill.

nowadays, promises are like marriages.

disposable.

it's sad but true.

i come from the old stock.

my word has always been my bond.

i've put my life on the line to honor my word.

people have put me in situations where they have made it difficult (or impossible) to honor my word.

that is manipulation.

and it upsets me.

but i've learned and attempt to analyze situations more closely now before offering any 'promises'.

Promised my boy a holiday. Found out that now he's 2 Ive got to pay for full wack for his flights. Because he's my boy he get's his holiday and my crediters get excuses.

Here here!

When I was younger, I made many a promise. Now I don't make any as I know that there is a chance that I can't keep them.

I only makes promises if I know I can keep them.
That way if I make a promise, the person knows I actually mean it.

My parents have grilled me about saying "I promise" for as long as I can remember. I too never say it, unless it's a sort of joke/casual banter, like "I promise I won't bite you if you come closer".

I too stick with "I will try my best", so you're not alone in acting this way.

Latest posts

Back