Question Your Limitations/Achieve Your Goals

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oopsiedoop said:
But if you're involved with someone else, you can't just care about yourself.

But neither can you become so concerned with someone else that you compromise your own rights. Honestly, though, I don't go out of the way to assume that even my SO will go out of her way to care for me; its nice if she does and I'm very glad, but ultimately my happiness is my own responsibility.

Calvin: I wish I had more friends, but people are such jerks. If you can just get most people to leave you alone, you're doing good. If you can find even one person you really like, you're lucky. And if that person can also stand you, you're really lucky.
Hobbes: What if you find someone you can talk to while you eat apples on a bright fall morning?
Calvin: Well, yeah... I suppose there's no point in getting greedy, is there?

oopsiedoop said:
But if they make you suffer, that outweighs the good. Like I said, suffer, not discomfort. They might be messy, or like different music. They might even drink too much, and even embarass you because they act stupid. or I don't know, a lot of things. But suffering means they don't care about YOU, and especially your feelings, which has nothing to do with anything they don't do TO you.

Well I do hear what your saying. They say when your upset in life and hurting you take it out on the ppl you are closest to. Of course if that person you care for hits you and is abusive to you then yes move them out of your life as far as you can. But if there just an ass sometimes then maybe they have a side that out way that. IDK only you can decide if someone is worth the suffering. I would not be a good person probably to make them kind of discussions as I have moved away from lots of ppl in my life that I think are not worth the pain and aggro they give.

I live in hope that I well one day find someone that is worth the suffering through.

Bluey said:
[But if there just an ass sometimes then maybe they have a side that out way that.

Sorry, what? Anyway, far as I understood, an ass just causes discomfort, not suffering.

Bluey said:
I live in hope that I well one day find someone that is worth the suffering through.

Ah, well. Clearly you never have. You won't be saying that when you do. But, there were many people I would have stayed with if they'd stopped making me suffer. But they never even bothered to do that, which is doubtless how I reached my conclusion that no one who cares will make you suffer, and no one who doesn't care is worth suffering for.

IgnoredOne said:
oopsiedoop said:
But if you're involved with someone else, you can't just care about yourself.

But neither can you become so concerned with someone else that you compromise your own rights.

There is no right to be a jerk, hun.

Latest posts

Back