Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alone By Faults said:
I know what my men friends think on this...

ladies is it easy for men to live without women or vice versa...

no deep analysis...just what pops in your mind...

Yeah, I really think that depends on the person. Some people thrive in it, others don't. Personally, I would be fine living by myself.

BadGuy said:
TheRealCallie said:
Alone By Faults said:
I know what my men friends think on this...

ladies is it easy for men to live without women or vice versa...

no deep analysis...just what pops in your mind...

I think entirely depends on the person, not the gender. Some people can live on their own without someone else and some people feel they can't.

I've been living on my own (with my kids) since my husband and I split. He has not. So, in my case, it's easier for me than it is for him.

do you think it would be different for you without kids ?

That's a question I can't really answer because I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I didn't have my kids. Some things wouldn't have happened, other things would have. My life would have went an extremely different route, I think.

I suppose you could also have meant that my ex took the kids and I didn't. First, HAHAHAHA, oh that's hilarious to even think about because it would never happen. But no, even in this case, I think think it would be any different.

BadGuy said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
It's very easy for men to live without me. I require effort. :D
what effort do you require ?

I meant it in a more sarcastic tone. I haven't had much luck with the love life lol. They always make life look easy without me. I kind of envy them sometimes.

BadGuy said:
It's very easy for men to live without me. I require effort. :D
what effort do you require ?

I meant it in a more sarcastic tone. I haven't had much luck with the love life lol. They always make life look easy without me. I kind of envy them sometimes.

Being needed and wanted shouldnt require effort but it needs to be a 2 way street

I have a couple
1) (I know this one is a massive generalisation, so try not to take personal offence) Why do you take rejection so personally? I know men can be crazy when it comes to rejection, but it really seems like women (the rare times they approach a guy first) seem to always blame themselves for rejection, either spewing the "I came off as desperate" myth or automatically jumping to the conclusion that they must be ugly or undesirable, never that maybe the guy just wasn't attracted to them or that they weren't his type. Is it because women are expected to do so little of the approaching that they're just not used to rejection, or that men are expected by society to just hop on any chance to get laid they can get, or is it something else?

2) How do you feel about guys with long hair?

3) We get a lot of discussion about the troubles short men face, but something I've never gotten an answer for is how tall is too tall? I'm around 6'4 and I always seem to intimidate women, so I've felt it's more of a disadvantage to be above 6'2

4) More generally, what are some things that make guys creepy or intimidating?

5) Which would you prefer- someone who has got a lot in common with you but perhaps doesn't have the most exciting personality and life, or someone who has little common interests and personality traits, but is fun, confident and adventurous?

6) Finally, how important is money, honestly?

1. I guess I have taken it personally because I have put so much thought in before actually asking someone. But I just prefer to default to the "I am really not ready for someone anyways."

2. I love long hair, I love short hair. I love bald. Don't matter to me.

3. I guess it would only be an issue if the guy felt awkward leaning down to kiss me or something. I am not personally intimidated by tall people. I am ok with looking up :club:

4. I guess if you are giving me the death glare from across the room, I may feel a little intimidated. Unless I know you and gave you a reason to glare at me

5. I would choose the first.

6. If you are asking me to lend you money because your parents won't give you any...we will probably have issues.

MentatsGhoul said:
I have a couple
1) (I know this one is a massive generalisation, so try not to take personal offence) Why do you take rejection so personally? I know men can be crazy when it comes to rejection, but it really seems like women (the rare times they approach a guy first) seem to always blame themselves for rejection, either spewing the "I came off as desperate" myth or automatically jumping to the conclusion that they must be ugly or undesirable, never that maybe the guy just wasn't attracted to them or that they weren't his type. Is it because women are expected to do so little of the approaching that they're just not used to rejection, or that men are expected by society to just hop on any chance to get laid they can get, or is it something else?

I don't take it personally, but I would guess that a lot of girls do because it's not the "social norm" for a girl to do the asking, so when they work up the courage to actually do it, they just don't expect to be turned down? I don't know.
Also, I don't think it's a woman thing so much as an individual person thing. The more sensitive a person is, the harder they will take rejection.

MentatsGhoul said:

As long as the guy has a penis (attached, that is), I don't care what you do with your hair. :D

MentatsGhoul said:
3) We get a lot of discussion about the troubles short men face, but something I've never gotten an answer for is how tall is too tall? I'm around 6'4 and I always seem to intimidate women, so I've felt it's more of a disadvantage to be above 6'2

I don't really know the answer to that. I would mind being with a taller guy. 6'4 would be perfectly fine for me. I think 7 foot might make things a little awkward, but I wouldn't turn a guy down for their height.

MentatsGhoul said:

I would say glaring too. Or if you fixate on one of my features (my ass, my boobs, etc). Stalking is a no no, too, of course :p

MentatsGhoul said:
5) Which would you prefer- someone who has got a lot in common with you but perhaps doesn't have the most exciting personality and life, or someone who has little common interests and personality traits, but is fun, confident and adventurous?

It would depend on the person and attraction I feel for whatever their personality is.

MentatsGhoul said:

Honestly, it's helpful, but I don't need a guy I date to have a lot. I don't need expensive gifts or anything like that and I don't need to go out and do expensive honeysuckle all the time. As long as he has a job or is seriously looking for one, I don't really care.

MentatsGhoul said:
Why do you take rejection so personally?

I don't. I know that rejection is a part of life. We're not supposed to get everything we want instantaneously. I wasn't originally going to answer that though, as it's not a question specifically for women. I know a lot more guys who mope around after being rejected than any female I've ever known.

MentatsGhoul said:

Long hair is nice. Doesn't bother me. Any length though should be taken care of though.

MentatsGhoul said:

I grew up around tall guys. Brother, dad, uncles, all of them anywhere from 6'2 to 6'4. And not to mention, a lot of my brother's friends are super tall. Some of them have to be at least 6'5 or 6'6. My ex was 6'8. Don't know if it's your height or something else about you that intimidates them, but I've never personally been intimidated by anyone's height.

MentatsGhoul said:

I'm hardly intimidated by anyone or anything. There's scarier things in life than a tall dude or a creepy dude. But, if I had to say anything, it's dudes who won't leave well enough alone. Being persistent isn't always such a good idea.

MentatsGhoul said:

Common and less exciting. At least we could be boring together.

MentatsGhoul said:

Money's important to live on. Unless you're one of those real down to mother earth type people - most of us need money. However, what I feel is way more important is the effort put forth to work and make money. If someone's putting in the time and energy and effort, that would show me that they're serious about creating a life for themselves. I could make just about any budget work (and trust me, I have), so I don't care if it's $7 an hour or $22.

Do you have problems sleeping the night before and get really anxious before a ‘date’, meet-up, (whatever you want to call it)?

First of all, if I accidentally somehow offend anyone, I apologize in advance.
I guess something went wrong between a friend of mine (female) and a guy. Since then, for the past few days, she's had a... negative view of men. Assuming this was something negative in a relationship (I think it may have been a guy who broke up with her without showing any remorse), would this pass in time, or should I expect her to continue feeling this way towards males?
If she still has a negative view on men, would it be more harmful if I (a male) tried to help? She does have a lot of female friends, so she'll at least be okay with them in case. I'm just wondering where the direction of the friendship might go and if I should give her some space for a bit. Thanks.

ardour said:
Do you have problems sleeping the night before and get really anxious before a ‘date’, meet-up, (whatever you want to call it)?

Haven't been on a date in...well, quite a few years. lol (Marriage got in the way of that) Never had a problem with that before though. I might be anxious or nervous, but I don't think it would alter my sleep patterns.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
I guess something went wrong between a friend of mine (female) and a guy. Since then, for the past few days, she's had a... negative view of men. Assuming this was something negative in a relationship (I think it may have been a guy who broke up with her without showing any remorse), would this pass in time, or should I expect her to continue feeling this way towards males?
If she still has a negative view on men, would it be more harmful if I (a male) tried to help? She does have a lot of female friends, so she'll at least be okay with them in case. I'm just wondering where the direction of the friendship might go and if I should give her some space for a bit. Thanks.

I would say it's probably just a short term thing. She's pissed at him and projecting it outward. Just make sure she knows that you are there for her if she needs you and try not to be pushy about it (Not saying you will be, just saying in general)
Shoot her a text or email every once in a while to ask how she's doing or see if she needs anything or to see if she wants to hang out. If she doesn't reply, wait a day or two and try again.

ardour said:

Oh yeah, are you kidding me? It's one of the reasons the idea of "dating" people I don't already know (like online dating) makes me cringe. I've worked myself up into a big lather before some dates - for me it almost felt sometimes like a job interview, for both me and the guy. Also, it's hard not to get your hopes up - "is he the one?"

Oh jeez and don't get me started on the pre-date thoughts about who should pay - me or the guy. There have been whole threads here on THAT topic alone :) It's a minefield.

Have I mentioned I'm not big on the idea of "dating" these days? :)

-Teresa

Mr Seal The Albatros said:

How long have you been friends? Is her negativity towards men a new thing with this breakup?

I would give her some space. A guy breaking up with your friend without showing any remorse is perhaps a legitimate reason for her to be angry. She's probably get through it more efficiently if you give her some room to feel angry. If she gets stuck there for a long time, then maybe step in.
If you're a decent guy - I'm assuming you are - the best thing you can do is be a good example for man-kind, as it were.

-Teresa

ardour said:

I felt way more anxious with the asking out bit rather than the date itself. (Even though I have been on very few in my life)

Latest posts

Back