Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Blue said:
I had been talking online with a lovely woman for a few weeks. A mutual friend had given us each others email, so it's almost like it wasn't entirely a blind date. Regardless, I picked a time and a place I thought she might enjoy and the date was set.

Then don't do internet dating.

Mr. Blue said:
The more horrid part was the response from the waiting staff females. A disjointed ripple of "Ahhhs" and "Pooor guy" wavered throughout the patio.

You should've talked to some of the female wait staff and gotten their numbers. Pity is a powerful tool, my friend.

Mr. Blue said:
How can I Edward Cullen someone? To which I mean, is it possible to swoop a woman off her feet without having to go through that horrid experience again?

Twilight? Ughhh... just.... ughhh.

Mr. Blue said:
My Dearest Ladies,

I'm so tired of dating. :( The last straw was a blind date about 6 months ago. I had been talking online with a lovely woman for a few weeks. A mutual friend had given us each others email, so it's almost like it wasn't entirely a blind date. Regardless, I picked a time and a place I thought she might enjoy and the date was set.

I showed up relatively early...I'm always early when I'm nervous about something...and waited patiently. I had reservations. A beautiful little spot on the patio over looking the city lights. It felt magical.

After about thirty minutes of waiting, I could tell the waiter was growing impatient, so I grudgingly ordered a salad and glass of wine. The more horrid part was the response from the waiting staff females. A disjointed ripple of "Ahhhs" and "Pooor guy" wavered throughout the patio. The last thing that made my face that red was the bloody sun :S. About thirty minutes after I finished the salad I paid and left. Quite dejected.

Anyhow, long story short, she never called me again. Never picked up the phone.

My question to you lovely girls is a daunting one:

How can I Edward Cullen someone? To which I mean, is it possible to swoop a woman off her feet without having to go through that horrid experience again?

*Sigh* Dating stinks.

Thanks, :)

Mr. Blue

agh... that does sound painful :(

my best advice is to not let it get to you, and just go on trying. not everyone is compatible, so no wonder that not every relationship works out - or indeed, survives more than it's beginning.

don't give up. you sound like an interesting, creative person - it's bound to happen.

(ps. you write very well as well.)

Blue--
If she is that RUDE then you were lucky she didn't show. A person with that much disregard for the feelings and efforts of another would have only been a far bigger heartache down the road. Keep trying though, there are others out in the world that would appreciate you and your thoughtful ways...

Mr. Blue said:
That's sage advice, Dead. Thanks :) I'll keep my chin up.

Thanks for the writing compliments. I appreciate that. :)

ah, thank you. it was very well deserved.

New to the forum, but I'm sure my story is not atypical of what others usually post.

All I can say is it's complicated. Let's roll the reel back...
I met a guy 5 years ago, he was head over heels for me. I was not interested nor did I remember who he was the next day he emailed(via shared business card). Two years go by, we meet again in person...though all that time he text me to wish happy holidays. I knew he was always into me. When we meet again two years later, I'm helping him on favor for his wedding. We emotionally connected before his wedding, but knew it would never happen. 1.5 month after his wedding, we connected at a emotional and deep level. He is 41 years old at that time, I was 28. He is now 43 and I am 30. I am a hugely successful, extremely attractive, highly social-able person. He is an amazingly smart, highly successful, popular and decent looking man. But I assure you, I would be the most beautiful woman he's ever dated. We became madly in love, in a deep, true way. At every level. He's committed to me and knew I would be the one for him forever, everything he's ever looked for in a life partner was me. I wasn't sure he was everything I'd look for in a life-partner, but because he was so amazingly in love with me, being the CEO he was, he was head over heel with admiration over me, treated my like relationship any can ever experience. I was flattered. He knew what he had to do to be with me, eventually he divorced his 7 month old wife (room mate more than lover of 7.5 yrs and thought was right thing to do, that he owe her to marry her type of relationship). We were together finally after 9 months of drama. He's been going through a nasty divorce battle for almost 3 years now. We are still together. He went from having absolutely nothing, because of the nasty ongoing divorce and now have set up another business all on his own, and hugely successful, although the divorce is still going through courts. He's worked night and day to supposedly make a life for "us". With that, he's completely neglected me, nor have have time to care for me, ask about my day, nor share his day with me. He is so occupied his his own world of work, not one moment can she spared to the person he supposedly "love more than life itself". This is how our typical day usually works: he wake, surf net, work, come home surf or work, dinner while surfing net or Blackberry IM, shower, work more or surf net. He's lost all sex drive, it's been over 6 months since I really felt immense pleasure from being intimate. It's all owed to work supposedly. This is how our typical day worked before: wake, kiss deeply, make love, cuddle, work, come home, hug deeply, make love, dinner with wine on balcony, bath together, watch tv, go to bed, make love, and fall asleep arm in arm. For over 1.5 years it was like this. I;ve been so dependent on him, and now he's so focus on work and success, I feel that's he taken me for granted. 5 calls and 40 text per day has become no call and 2 text per day.
I don't' want to be where I am not desired. I feel so lonely for someone who supposedly have everything. He's bought me everything I've ever wanted, expensive car, jewelry, vacation, designer everything you can think of (although I make a very decent living on own) but I would give all that up, all I want is him, the way he use to love me. Is it the end? Are we doomed in the love cycle? Or will it be better when he's less busy with starting a business?

haveallbutnothappy said:
New to the forum, but I'm sure my story is not atypical of what others usually post.

I met a guy 5 years ago, he was head over heels for me. I was not interested nor did I remember who he was the next day he emailed(via shared business card). Two years go by, we meet again in person...though all that time he text me to wish happy holidays. I knew he was always into me. When we meet again two years later, I'm helping him on favor for his wedding. We emotionally connected before his wedding, but knew it would never happen. 1.5 month after his wedding, we connected at a emotional and deep level. He is 41 years old at that time, I was 28. He is now 43 and I am 30. I am a hugely successful, extremely attractive, highly social-able person. He is an amazingly smart, highly successful, popular and decent looking man. But I assure you, I would be the most beautiful woman he's ever dated. We became madly in love, in a deep, true way. At every level. He's committed to me and knew I would be the one for him forever, everything he's ever looked for in a life partner was me. I wasn't sure he was everything I'd look for in a life-partner, but because he was so amazingly in love with me, being the CEO he was, he was head over heel with admiration over me, treated my like relationship any can ever experience. I was flattered. He knew what he had to do to be with me, eventually he divorced his 7 month old wife (room mate more than lover of 7.5 yrs and thought was right thing to do, that he owe her to marry her type of relationship). We were together finally after 9 months of drama. He's been going through a nasty divorce battle for almost 3 years now. We are still together. He went from having absolutely nothing, because of the nasty ongoing divorce and now have set up another business all on his own, and hugely successful, although the divorce is still going through courts. He's worked night and day to supposedly make a life for "us". With that, he's completely neglected me, nor have have time to care for me, ask about my day, nor share his day with me. He is so occupied his his own world of work, not one moment can she spared to the person he supposedly "love more than life itself". This is how our typical day usually works: he wake, surf net, work, come home surf or work, dinner while surfing net or Blackberry IM, shower, work more or surf net. He's lost all sex drive, it's been over 6 months since I really felt immense pleasure from being intimate. It's all owed to work supposedly. This is how our typical day worked before: wake, kiss deeply, make love, cuddle, work, come home, hug deeply, make love, dinner with wine on balcony, bath together, watch tv, go to bed, make love, and fall asleep arm in arm. For over 1.5 years it was like this. I;ve been so dependent on him, and now he's so focus on work and success, I feel that's he taken me for granted. 5 calls and 40 text per day has become no call and 2 text per day.
I don't' want to be where I am not desired. I feel so lonely for someone who supposedly have everything. He's bought me everything I've ever wanted, expensive car, jewelry, vacation, designer everything you can think of (although I make a very decent living on own) but I would give all that up, all I want is him, the way he use to love me. Is it the end? Are we doomed in the love cycle? Or will it be better when he's less busy with starting a business?

Ever hear of "you reap what you sow?"

*rolls eyes at such arrogance*

haveallbutnothappy said:

Sometimes there's just nothing I can say to help or maybe explain things.

You're obviously not ready to hear it yet.

For the same reason men cheat; People are just ********.

Or..you know..some more PC version of that answer.

tehdreamer said:
For the same reason men cheat; People are just ********.

Or..you know..some more PC version of that answer.

I was looking for a bit more of a psychoanalytical answer than that, although you're probably right.

Dante said:
I was looking for a bit more of a psychoanalytical answer than that, although you're probably right.

Couldn't you just google a question like this?

I never thought that this site professed itself as a psychological/therapist's forum, so if you're looking for an answer to such a broad question, you'd get better luck just Googling something like: "reasons women cheat."... because there are a LOT of reasons that women (and men) cheat. A LOT.

Badjedidude said:
Dante said:

Couldn't you just google a question like this?

I never thought that this site professed itself as a psychological/therapist's forum, so if you're looking for an answer to such a broad question, you'd get better luck just Googling something like: "reasons women cheat."... because there are a LOT of reasons that women (and men) cheat. A LOT.

I was just curious to your guys opinions, is all. The question does not plague me.

People cheat because they are fulfilled in some way (or believe they aren't) in their current relationship. But they don't want to let the other person go, so they attempt to hold on to them while getting what they need from someone else. Cheating is a purely selfish action. But someone always ends up getting hurt.

Ladies does this sound right?

The way to enter a relationship with a woman is to open up and let them into your world in exchange for them letting you into theirs yes? In other words, what women (or at least the women kind enough to respond to this post :D) are looking for in a relationship is someone who they can safely be honest with.

Someone with whom they can let their true selves (the one they for the most part keep hidden from everyone else) out around? Does that sound right...or at least make sense.

grainofrice24 said:
Ladies does this sound right?

The way to enter a relationship with a woman is to open up and let them into your world in exchange for them letting you into theirs yes? In other words, what women (or at least the women kind enough to respond to this post :D) are looking for in a relationship is someone who they can safely be honest with.

Someone with whom they can let their true selves (the one they for the most part keep hidden from everyone else) out around? Does that sound right...or at least make sense.

Yea, I think that makes a lot of sense and is exactly what we want. I think that for a woman to feel happy in her relationship with a man, she probably needs these things.

All women just want that guy who will tell them they are beautiful when they are crying and have no make-up on and look like crap. We want someone we can share our feelings with and be honest about our concerns and problems with.

I think it's actually how we measure whether or not a guy truly loves us. If a guy can do those things, it's easier for us to believe he really loves us, then if he were to call us ugly when we had no make-up on or laugh when we talked about our bad days to them.

This doesn't mean that men always agree with us or never get annoyed with us. Just that they always love us in the end because they know us, our real faults, and listen to the things we say and still want to be with us anyway. Even though they know how annoying and ugly we can really be.

Enchanted Girl said:
Even though they know how annoying and ugly we can really be.

I don't think girls are ever ugly.

I remember once when my ex was sick following a tonsilectomy... she was in severe pain, coughing up blood and regularly vomiting, couldn't eat anything, etc... I was staying with her, doing my best to help her out and keep her going, and she at one point told me that she wanted me to leave because she didn't look "pretty" and because she felt miserable and not able to be all girly and cute and stuff.

I told her that if she wouldn't let me be with her at her "worst," that there was no point in being with her at her "best." That, of course, is the reassurance that she was looking for; that I wanted to simply be with HER, not because she was pretty or acting a certain way, but because I enjoyed her company and cared for her even in the bad times.

Honestly, to this day I still think she wasn't ugly during that time. Trust me, ladies... men have seen MUCH MUCH MUCH more disgusting things from either themselves or from the other dudes they hang out with. Women, you're not going to be judged as "gross" if you're not wearing makeup or if you're having a bad hair day... or even barfing your guts out.

If a dude is into you, he's gonna be around you either way.

P.S. I don't like makeup on a woman, anyway. ^_^

Latest posts

Back