Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiloh253 said:
I did have a question that's been on my mind for a while. For the girls: How would you feel about hanging out with a guy who doesn't have a car/can't drive? I've got vision issues that stop me from doing so and that's always been a huge fear of mine. Finally working up the courage to ask someone out, then having to tell them I can't get around on my own if it's not on foot/bike/via bus. Maybe it's just my apprehension, but to me that would seem like a major turn-off.

I think a flash, expensive car could attract a few certain type women, eg gold digger shallow types but otherwise I don't think a car helps.

I ride round on a bike, I've never had a car. Does it endure my chances with women ? - I don't believe so.

Xpendable said:
Is a man with no sexual experience a turn off?

Sexual experiences are different in every relationship and with every partner. So no, it's not a turn off.

Xpendable said:
Why it doesn't matter?

1. It's nice to know that the guy hasn't been sleeping around if he happened to be experienced in that sort of way.
2. For some women who are just as inexperienced, it would not be so intimidating to meet a guy who is of the same level of experience so that perhaps they can "learn" and experience new stuff together.
3. Some women might feel it's better to have a "new" guy rather than a "used" guy. As harsh as that might sound, I'm thinking some women might think like this.

I can't think of any other reasons but personally, it wouldn't bother me whether he's experienced or not. If he's good and doesn't raise red flags, I'd accept him however he is. People can change and their past doesn't necessarily dictate their future behaviour either.

ladyforsaken said:
1. It's nice to know that the guy hasn't been sleeping around if he happened to be experienced in that sort of way.
2. For some women who are just as inexperienced, it would not be so intimidating to meet a guy who is of the same level of experience so that perhaps they can "learn" and experience new stuff together.
3. Some women might feel it's better to have a "new" guy rather than a "used" guy. As harsh as that might sound, I'm thinking some women might think like this.

I can't think of any other reasons but personally, it wouldn't bother me whether he's experienced or not. If he's good and doesn't raise red flags, I'd accept him however he is. People can change and their past doesn't necessarily dictate their future behaviour either.

Thank You.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Solivagant said:

ladyforsaken said:

Please elaborate.

What's to elaborate? It either is or isn't. Some (I'd actually bet MOST) people don't care if you have sexual experience
I don't care either way if a guy does or does not have experience.

I have heard many women say that if a guy has never had a girlfriend then they must be something wrong with him. They wouldn't want to get to know him. In my small part of the world, that is the attitude of some women.

Just saying.

Triple Bogey said:
I have heard many women say that if a guy has never had a girlfriend then they must be something wrong with him. They wouldn't want to get to know him. In my small part of the world, that is the attitude of some women.

Just saying.

I really can't make sense of such an opinion. A little shallow and unreasonable of such women, me thinks.

ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:

Just saying.

I really can't make sense of such an opinion. A little shallow and unreasonable of such women, me thinks.

Well it is, I agree but I have heard it over and over again.
My mother always mentions it. And her friends. Stuff like 'he's never been married, there's something wrong with him'

Triple Bogey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:

Just saying.

Well it is, I agree but I have heard it over and over again.
My mother always mentions it. And her friends. Stuff like 'he's never been married, there's something wrong with him'

To me, this kind of falls into that old fashioned attitude. I hear all the time that I shouldn't want to be single because I have children, and that there's something wrong with me when I turn down potential dates. All falls in the same pot for me. I would love to move away from those attitudes.

ladyforsaken said:
Shiloh253 said:
I did have a question that's been on my mind for a while. For the girls: How would you feel about hanging out with a guy who doesn't have a car/can't drive? I've got vision issues that stop me from doing so and that's always been a huge fear of mine. Finally working up the courage to ask someone out, then having to tell them I can't get around on my own if it's not on foot/bike/via bus. Maybe it's just my apprehension, but to me that would seem like a major turn-off.

I personally could care less about if a guy drives or not. We'll just make do.

Same with me. Wouldn't bother me. Those people with the "weak" comments must be NASCAR drivers every day or something, or they'd understand there are reasons why someone wouldn't be able to drive. Ignore them. There's nothing wrong with not driving.

Shiloh253 said:
I live in the definition of "middle of nowhere" :p What surprised me is that I asked this question on another forum, but left out the part about my vision issues and just said that I didn't have a car or license. Almost every response was "If a man can't drive me around he must be weak/insecure" or "then he must have done something bad to get it taken away or doesn't care about the person he's dating".

'If a man can't drive me around?' They seem to be searching for taxi drivers. What's stopping them from ferrying themselves around?

Shiloh253 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Shiloh253 said:

If you live out in the middle of nowhere or far away it might be a slight inconvenience at times, but I don't see why it would stop anyone from hanging out with you or having a relationship with you.
Not everyone can drive, not everyone wants to drive. It wouldn't bother me at all.

I live in the definition of "middle of nowhere" :p What surprised me is that I asked this question on another forum, but left out the part about my vision issues and just said that I didn't have a car or license. Almost every response was "If a man can't drive me around he must be weak/insecure" or "then he must have done something bad to get it taken away or doesn't care about the person he's dating".
And then she says something along the lines of "if a man can't buy me what I want..." :club:

Seriously, the girls that respond like that, you do NOT need in your life. You have a medical reason for not having your license, so you are definitely not weak or insecure. Even if you didn't have your license for other reasons, who cares, it's your right, not everyone likes driving. Some of the assumptions people make are beyond ridiculous. Not having a license does NOT mean you don't care about the person you are dating. The person SAYING you don't care is the one that doesn't care.

Good points, it just seems like it'll be difficult trying to actually go on dates with someone if I can't drive. Call it an outdated social norm, misogynistic, whatever, but in a lot of places it's still expected that the guy picks up the girl, takes her out, drives her back home, etc etc. And truthfully, I have the feeling it'll be difficult to woo somebody when you have to tell her "Oh yeah, just let me hop on my bike and I'll meet you there. Wait, you want to go somewhere after? Errr, guess I'll have to call a cab then..."

Latest posts

Back