Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
Specifically how do you ladies feel about a really heavy prickly beard, the kind that feels like coarse sandpaper when brushed up against?

That sounds fine. I think the only issue I might have with a beard if it is not groomed in anyway. I always liked that roughness on the skin personally, but I enjoy clean shaven just as equally.

ardour said:
Specifically how do you ladies feel about a really heavy prickly beard, the kind that feels like coarse sandpaper when brushed up against?

I wouldn't mind that. No chance of using a conditioner and brushing it though? Not for the feeling, but for the healthy condition of the hair.

Xpendable said:
What about a humongous nose?

Also doesn't bother me. I have a pretty wide nose myself. A nose doesn't determine if I like or care about someone.

Okay, I have another question for the women.

So, say you had a boyfriend that has kids. He only sees these kids ONE day a week (his choice). You know one of these kids needs consistency and stability at all times or he will have issues. Would you let your boyfriend sleep all **** day and not go get his kids or would you wake him up?

Yes, I know it's not the girlfriend's responsibility, but she has been with him for almost 3 years now, so one would assume she would have some kind of attachment to the kids herself. I'm just curious if I'm the only one that would make sure my boyfriend was up in time to get the kids so they didn't have additional issues than those they already have. Hell, after three years, I would likely want to see the kids too.

TheRealCallie said:

So, say you had a boyfriend that has kids. He only sees these kids ONE day a week (his choice). You know one of these kids needs consistency and stability at all times or he will have issues. Would you let your boyfriend sleep all **** day and not go get his kids or would you wake him up?

Yes, I know it's not the girlfriend's responsibility, but she has been with him for almost 3 years now, so one would assume she would have some kind of attachment to the kids herself. I'm just curious if I'm the only one that would make sure my boyfriend was up in time to get the kids so they didn't have additional issues than those they already have. Hell, after three years, I would likely want to see the kids too.

I'd most defnitely be getting the boyfriend up in time - not that I consider that *my* responsibility, but for the sake of the kids....I'd also be quietly questioning the fact that my boyfriend would apparently rather sleep all **** day than go get his kids in the first place...

clean shaven or manly stubble?- some men do look really good with a bit of manly stubble but I really don't find men with beards attractive,so definetly clean shaven

If my boyfriend had a child/children,I would wake him up,but as ringwood pointed out I would be quietly questioning why he wouldn't be motivating himself to go and see his kids. I think i'm too opinionated sometimes as I would probably ask why he didn't want to bond with them more and encourage him to do more with them and for them.

Naleena said:
Naleena said:
I think it might be cool to have a thread where you can ask women thier opinions on dating or relationship issues :) Soooo...ask away!

Girls, I'll start this.
1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date?
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

Hmmm... Hi ! I hope I can share something about me and I want to try to answer your questions :)

1. Honestly, I still don't have a proper experience about dating, really. Though I had past relationships but I can't actually say that there was a guy who really give me a proper date. (urgh, I feel so sad about it..) 
Anyways, it's all in the past now.haha! If ever a guy will ask me on date maybe the things that Ill look forward to see is how our conversation will go, to put it simply his sense of humor (because I really love to talk endlessly, haha!) and how gentleman he is. :)

2. Hmmm.. I don't really like disrespectful and overconfident guys. And oh before I forget, boring guys. hehe.

I hope you can also give me tips on how to be able to handle relationship difficulties, for the future references. hahaha!

Thanks a lot and nice to meet you! :)

TheRealCallie said:

So, say you had a boyfriend that has kids.  He only sees these kids ONE day a week (his choice).  You know one of these kids needs consistency and stability at all times or he will have issues.  Would you let your boyfriend sleep all **** day and not go get his kids or would you wake him up?  

Yes, I know it's not the girlfriend's responsibility, but she has been with him for almost 3 years now, so one would assume she would have some kind of attachment to the kids herself.  I'm just curious if I'm the only one that would make sure my boyfriend was up in time to get the kids so they didn't have additional issues than those they already have.  Hell, after three years, I would likely want to see the kids too.

Ok, so as a guy i shouldn't realy be responding to this so feel free to ignore me ;)

This is not a "yes", you're right or "no", you're wrong question, it kinda sounds like this issue caused some friction in your relationship. Eventough i have little experience with relationships, i do know what i would want out of one, in my view what is important to your partner should be important to you, and vice versa.

If it matters to you that he takes care of his children, be it financially, emotionally or both, you have every right to make sure he lives up to your expactations.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm a big fan of cause and effect, asking yourself why for up to 5 times usually gets to to the "true" cause of an effect, so in this case the the first question would be "why does he sleep all **** day", the answer to that would be your next why question.

MisterLonely said:
TheRealCallie said:

So, say you had a boyfriend that has kids.  He only sees these kids ONE day a week (his choice).  You know one of these kids needs consistency and stability at all times or he will have issues.  Would you let your boyfriend sleep all **** day and not go get his kids or would you wake him up?  

Yes, I know it's not the girlfriend's responsibility, but she has been with him for almost 3 years now, so one would assume she would have some kind of attachment to the kids herself.  I'm just curious if I'm the only one that would make sure my boyfriend was up in time to get the kids so they didn't have additional issues than those they already have.  Hell, after three years, I would likely want to see the kids too.

Ok, so as a guy i shouldn't realy be responding to this so feel free to ignore me ;)

This is not a "yes", you're right or "no", you're wrong question, it kinda sounds like this issue caused some friction in your relationship. Eventough i have little experience with relationships, i do know what i would want out of one, in my view what is important to your partner should be important to you, and vice versa.

If it matters to you that he takes care of his children, be it financially, emotionally or both, you have every right to make sure he lives up to your expactations.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm a big fan of cause and effect, asking yourself why for up to 5 times usually gets to to the "true" cause of an effect, so in this case the the first question would be "why does he sleep all **** day", the answer to that would be your next why question.

I would say him leaving and being as ******* alcoholic is what caused friction in our relationship. lol  I'm single, no boyfriend, not dating.  It's my ex and his girlfriend that I'm referring to.  :p

TheRealCallie said:
MisterLonely said:
TheRealCallie said:

Hope this helps!

I would say him leaving and being as ******* alcoholic is what caused friction in our relationship. lol  I'm single, no boyfriend, not dating.  It's my ex and his girlfriend that I'm referring to.  :p

Well is sure read that situation wrong ;)

I grew with devorced parents, at the start i saw my day pretty often later on not that much, even didn't have contact for a few years, i'd like to say it all works out, but seeing the forum i'm on i'll not make a farce of myself.

That said, i can't believe it'll be a good thing to be around an ******* alcoholic, dad or otherwise.

I'm in a frustrating and likely unchangable situation (for years or longer) where I do not have an independent income. It's my impression that, this is pretty much unacceptable, and women require either that you have resources, big handsome, or both. If if not both, you must have (especially no money) an EXCESSIVE amount of the other. I'm decent looking, but I'm not Tom Selleck. I pretty much don't have any options for employment at the moment, and I live with my mother and two sisters. We work together to keep our situation above water, and my job is home maker and taking care of my youngest sister who is disabled. In truth, I would never want to abandon my family even being completely desperate to have a woman in my life. But that doesn't change that it hurts. So my question is, would you ever date and consider marrying a "weak" man?

No. I won't marry a strong one either. But I would join together and help him take care of his family and allow him into mine. Without being married :club:

Not sure if you took offense to my question. But I did not mean it to be demeaning. also, Marriage isn't the central point of my question.

desertexile said:
I'm in a frustrating and likely unchangable situation (for years or longer) where I do not have an independent income. It's my impression that, this is pretty much unacceptable, and women require either that you have resources, big handsome, or both. If if not both, you must have (especially no money) an EXCESSIVE amount of the other. I'm decent looking, but I'm not Tom Selleck. I pretty much don't have any options for employment at the moment, and I live with my mother and two sisters. We work together to keep our situation above water, and my job is home maker and taking care of my youngest sister who is disabled. In truth, I would never want to abandon my family even being completely desperate to have a woman in my life. But that doesn't change that it hurts. So my question is, would you ever date and consider marrying a "weak" man?

Honestly, his situation would not matter if i feel comfortable with it. And a man who cares for his family is actually a good sign. It shows that he is a reliable man. I like handsome men; I like even more muscular men. But what I love the most is a man I can feel comfortable with

AmytheTemperamental said:
No. I won't marry a strong one either. But I would join together and help him take care of his family and allow him into mine. Without being married :club:

Lacrecia said:
desertexile said:

Honestly, his situation would not matter if i feel comfortable with it. And a man who cares for his family is actually a good sign. It shows that he is a reliable man. I like handsome men; I like even more muscular men. But what I love the most is a man I can feel comfortable with

Well that's good to hear. I'm not muscular at all though. I have a decent face but I'm a bit fat. I'm working on that though.

Latest posts

Back