Quit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

keeper

Lately I see many people around. I do many things. I'm not so often home.

And yet I've never felt more lonely like in this period of my life.

I feel isolated and still I don't know exactly whether I'm not able to get some attention or I really can't offer anything so that nobody would pay attention to me.

Anyway, I think I'd better quit to seek for attention. Better to stay lonely without seeking for attention than remaining lonely after you failed at getting attention.

Goodbye and good luck everyone!

Yeah, I had that thought many times before. I had periods where I wouldn't talk to anyone for a whole month..

keeper said:
Goodbye and good luck everyone!

Keeper, you're not leaving this site, are you? I hope not. I hope you just meant goodbye for today. Even if you're not having luck getting attention in real life, we're paying attention here! It may not seem as real since we're all online, but I think the interactions here in this forum really count. I hope things get better for you.

You got it, I'm leaving the site and also every wish to get attention in my real life. I'll keep doing my job over the time, even if nobody doesn't care.

Hi Keeper,

Why are you leaving this site? I think you have added some good feedback. Everyone needs someone. This site needs you, so don't go!

You can quit the board if you want, but if you quit trying to reach out to people in real life you'll just end up killing yourself. There must be something we can do to get the love and attention we need...

lonelygirl: I've got no feedback as you can see. I think nobody needs me, nor here neither out there.
thebadartist: I quit the board and the people in real life. I don't care if I'm going to kill myself up: I've tried desperately to do anything I could to get love and attention and what I got is only exploitation. From now on, I will care about myself only. The others can go trying to exploit somebody else. My door will be closed to everyone.

keeper said:
lonelygirl: I've got no feedback as you can see. I think nobody needs me, nor here neither out there.
thebadartist: I quit the board and the people in real life. I don't care if I'm going to kill myself up: I've tried desperately to do anything I could to get love and attention and what I got is only exploitation. From now on, I will care about myself only. The others can go trying to exploit somebody else. My door will be closed to everyone.

Hey Keeper,

I'd like to echo what the others have already said: I think you are one of the saner, nicer voices in this forum. Stick around, you have quite a lot to contribute.

When people talk face to face, people often convey their appreciation of another's words through body language: sometimes we nod in agreement, sometimes our eyes light up in understanding, sometimes we smile in acknowledgement. It is usually difficult to do this online and as a result, you feel that you are getting silence in response to your thoughts. But that is not because your thoughts went unattended and under-appreciated; often we are nodding in agreement (and sometimes smiling ruefully in understanding) as we read what you write. Rest assured.

And stick around.

yea dont feel down ,many already ask you ot to go .
most of us dont really write each other dirctly as much as we look to see if anybody feels the same as we do ,then we post our feelings ,yes we all seem quite dysfunctional even on a lonliness forum where everyone is desperate for friends why cant we all become true friends with each other?i know i feel like a loser there,why am i not haveing a blast with someone from these forums yet?i should have at least 1 good friend.....i kow it feels as if no oe will ever gve the attention needed
yet it still remains a kind of support that in our lowest moments someone will see our scream of pain,there are several members on this forum who would even accept voice calls through messenger if you need to talk,i know i would chat anyone who has a mic up .
i often lay in bed at night and cry wishing someone was there to hear me even when they cant help just smeone to say it will be alright

sometimes i feel more depressed from posting so i keep away for a week but in the end it feels a lil better to write than to sit alone doing nothing

First of all, I thank everyone who told me not to go. I like this board and I also think it would be good to keep posting here, but it feels like I can't find an answer here: that's why I think I'll quit posting.
Actually, what I'm most worried about is real life. My life. I can't get to explain things, I can't find a way out.

ss7: I know I can't see nods and smiles from here, but unfortunately nods and smiles don't save the day.

lonely2beeme: I also feel depressed from posting, so I think I will stay away for a while. Maybe after a while I will come here again.

keeper said:
... but unfortunately nods and smiles don't save the day.

Yes, I guess they don't; I should know. I also guess that you have to do what you have to do. I wish you the best. I am faithless, so I cannot pray for you; but hoping is not beyond me. I hope you find what you are looking for.

--ss7

Latest posts

Back