Random act of kindness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memyself

Reaction score
Have you experienced it, or done something nice for a stranger?

Recently, I was the recipient. With my bad luck, I still can’t believe it. I went to a grocery store, at the cash register and frantically dug through my wallet, bag, once, twice… no credit card. Embarrassed, while apologizing to the cashier, I hear the lady in line behind me say “ I got it”. I was like no, no, I can’t accept and she replied “it’s already done, happy holidays“ and pulled her card out of machine. She paid $75 for my stuff and wouldn’t take $22 I had in cash. As I drove home, still on disbelief, I kept wrecking my brain where oh where could I have lost my credit card. I rushed home eager to check my account. No weird transactions and the last time I used it was at the Greek restaurant two weeks before. I called up the place, and sure enough, I left it there. Happy ending for me? Yep, Lady Luck showed up for me twice that day, and I am looking forward to making someone’s day.

Score! Nice lady.

I've changed many flat tires for people on the side of the road. I've also pulled out several people's stuck vechicles far away from civilization. I've cleaned up other people's yards just because they were so messy.

But, I have a very long way to go in order to break even. I've done thousands of random acts of badness. :rolleyes:

Score! Nice lady.

I've changed many flat tires for people on the side of the road. I've also pulled out several people's stuck vechicles far away from civilization. I've cleaned up other people's yards just because they were so messy.

But, I have a very long way to go in order to break even. I've done thousands of random acts of badness. :rolleyes:
Good for you, but now I am curious about all the badness.

That's nice, $70 is a lot! I try to do my bit when the opportunity arises. People make it awkward and that's putting me off lately. One guy insisted on taking my bank deets and sending the money back. On the bank transfer he left his phone number asking me to SMS confirmation that I received the money (€10). Male pride 😹

That's nice, $70 is a lot! I try to do my bit when the opportunity arises. People make it awkward and that's putting me off lately. One guy insisted on taking my bank deets and sending the money back. On the bank transfer he left his phone number asking me to SMS confirmation that I received the money (€10). Male pride 😹
Yes $75 is quite a chunk, which made me extra uncomfortable. Smoothing tells me that lady did not care about the amount.

Latest posts

Back