Relationships with guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor Moon

Reaction score
I was raised raised between 7 yrs-18 of age by my step family so I grew to liking asian guys but I dont like just them...I like all types of guys.

Most of them are intelligent and went to school.

I work part time -full time in retail.
I am trying to get help for my Learning disability.

Most guys I dated say they could not tell unless I told them cause I act like a normal person I just cant do math etc.

how can I win a guy over with out having the academics and decent job under my belt . I'm trying so hard but how would you win a guy over when they ask you the important stuff about school etc...I know eventually I would have to tell them but any guy would get turned off by a chick with w learning disability. Noo one at my job knows I have it...I just act like a laid back associate at work and just ..ya know work and hide behind the lines if anyone asks deep questions about my past....

How do I win a guy over

i'm

female
part time worker

-_-:: and have no real hobbies except staying home..watching tv or reading or blogging

Sailor Moon said:
...How do I win a guy over...

You can do it the old fashioned way... Get your own place, invite him over to it, and cook a totally delicious meal with dessert.

OR

You can be yourself, make your own way, be completely independent and do it that way.

Contrary to what most people have said out loud, there are infinitely many ways to "win a guy over". But to win someone over means to keep their heart and mind close with yours. To do that you would need to really know and respect the other person and receive the same respect and admiration from them. Starting slow and being caring is usually a good start. But the food thing is always a big +. Men are looking for only a few fundamental things from a relationship with a woman and one of them is caregiving. Men are used to working hard and really appreciate care from a woman. You're looking to form a team, think about what that could mean for you. You may find that you would like to stay single and just keep meeting and enjoying new people and not rush into that kind of commitment because of what the man will expect from you. He might not ever tell you either. A lot of men will just walk away and never say a word. Whatever you do, if you want a good relationship, don't just sleep with the man as soon as possible. If you do that too soon he will expect it and will be looking for another woman to keep around that's "not like that" kind of a thing. It's strange. You'll get used to dating though. We all do.

Honestly the best way is to be yourself. If they don't like you for you then they aren't worth your time.

Wha? Thought I saw someone say food so I showed up... I am disappoint.

Every guy is different, so not every approach will work the same.

I agree with Hoffy. Just be yourself. The right guy will appreciate you for it!

Being yourself sucks sometimes, i want to be someone else.

It does suck being me sometimes. ......;_;
All guys typically do on my date is stare at my chest. ..but I'm conservative and like to cover up then the se* topic comes up...I turn it down then there not interested in me anymore and my heart breaks...don't I matter...doesn't me..myself....my personality even matter. ...I never agree with it until the relationship sign is on the table. ......I'm conservative I cover up...I was raised by strict Catholic family. ...=_=...I really hate n love my chest but I'm never winning. ....maybe ill tape my chest just kidding... ..

It may seem hard but if you really want a guy just be friendly with a smile and I am sure you will meet someone who appreciates you for who you are. Everyone is different and everyone has their own problems and ailments... It is just about finding that personality that you click with.

Many people out there have learning disabilities and have no problem with relationship's because in the end if a guy likes you for your personality, a learning disability is certainly not going to put them off you. Especially if what you say if true and the learning disability is non-apparent.

In some way's I would say that being a woman mean's you have a better chance of finding a nice guy. I know some people would disagree with me on that... But I think men are less picky when it comes to women so you have a bit of an advantage. They are certainly less picky when it comes to whether you are academically succesful or not in comparison. I know many guys who have girlfriends who are not academically succesful at all but they love them all the same.

Hobbies are certainly a good thing to have though. Shows you have your own interest's and is just generally good for conversation.

ShybutHi said:
It may seem hard but if you really want a guy just be friendly with a smile and I am sure you will meet someone who appreciates you for who you are. Everyone is different and everyone has their own problems and ailments... It is just about finding that personality that you click with.

Many people out there have learning disabilities and have no problem with relationship's because in the end if a guy likes you for your personality, a learning disability is certainly not going to put them off you. Especially if what you say if true and the learning disability is non-apparent.

In some way's I would say that being a woman mean's you have a better chance of finding a nice guy. I know some people would disagree with me on that... But I think men are less picky when it comes to women so you have a bit of an advantage. They are certainly less picky when it comes to whether you are academically succesful or not in comparison. I know many guys who have girlfriends who are not academically succesful at all but they love them all the same.

Hobbies are certainly a good thing to have though. Shows you have your own interest's and is just generally good for conversation.

I even tried dating sites..but even there I cant reach there high demands....

hey sailor moon.

why do you like asians? aside from growing up around them?

everyone has missing pieces... thats why we seek the other half that compliments our needs by accepting us for who we are.

If you are looking for a serious relationship, then thats what you should expect.
Granted, a lot of relationships I know of start off pretty hopeful and based on face value....
I've only had 2 gf but have been in a relationship for the majority of my adolescent/adult life so maybe I can shed on light on developing/maintaining a relationship for... but its coming from a guy thats currently coping being single...

Hey I'm Asian and I am curious what you like about Asians... lol

So I can market myself better? :)

what do you say we try to answer some of each others' questions here?

Latest posts

Back