Relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angurisfirefly

Reaction score
Ok I'm tired of being lonely. I just want to find someone who understands me and accepts me and loves me. Obviously this is the real world and not the movies but I don't think things should be this difficult. Have you ever seen someoone and thought "we would be such great friends/boyfriend" and for the record I'm not as creepy as i sound, i'm just frustrated. Frustrated I guess because i have to come on to a chat room to reach out to people.

You don't sound creepy at all. I find myself looking at hotties all the time, wondering, "Why the hell is she with THAT loser?" It makes me wish that I could go up, punch the dude in the face, and drag the hottie off to my cave like a victorious mesolithic warrior...but I can't. Stupid laws! Does that sound creepy? Probably...but I'm not gonna lie about it. Lol so don't worry about being creepy...especially after I said all that! :p

It's not a BAD thing to have to come online to meet people. In fact, that's one of the perks of having an interconnect web of communications. Someone like you and I can get on here and find others to talk to/share with, when normally we might not find anyone who fits the bill.

...and that's just it. If you don't fit in with anyone around you, it's not because you're not a part of society at large...it just means that you haven't found the right sub-group of society yet. I don't know how old you are (still living at home or not), but you could always move! That's a great way to meet new people and find new friends. You could also try going some places that you haven't yet....visit stores you haven't visited, etc. You never know who you'll meet in there!

I totally understand your frustration. My only advice there is to not let it become bitterness and twist up inside you like a weed. It's OK to be frustrated, but use that as your driving force to get out there and work to meet people and make connections...don't feed the frustration by self-hating, apathy, or throwing blame on others. I hope this all helped a tad.

----Steve

Relationships takes time and practice just like anythings else. It's also a learning process becuasee as you and your partner grow, the dynamic
of the relationship will also alter. Life also change.

Fourtunately I was able to develope or form a relationship with the opposite sex while in my teenage/adult lessons years.
It was without my parents consent or approval..of course becuase they were afraid that I was going to get her pregnant...
She was my first love, puppy love. It was a healthy relationship. It was a healthy break up. I was able to explore my emotions
and my sexuality. While I didn't have sex with her. We made out a lot. We were friends and she and i cared very much for
each other. We never held any ill will towards each other. I felt she understood me as i understood her. She cried as I did when we broke up.
She even called me for a couple of years to wish me a happy birthday after we broke up. It was like having trainning wheels.
We were young and innocent. She helped me bring down my walls and learn how to trust people. She was honest and open with me.

So..I figured all girls would be as nice, loving. understanding and kind as her. Man... was I wrong.
Never the less...that experince I had with her was very healthy for me.
I've always been attracted to the nice, down to earth, pretty girl next door type of woman.
I know she exsist.

At the sametime...having gone through toxic relationships in my life...had also helped me too.
I learned from those relationships too...I had to really love myself, forgive myself and my partners
inorder for me to heal. It forced me to take a real hard look at myself and love myself at the core.
It taught me to be kind, gental, loving, understaning to myself...it forced me to develope a relationship within myself.

Having plutonic relationship had also helped me too.

what I'm saYing is...wheather you start at 16 or 36....there's still going to be a learning curve.

lol badjedidude. yea i honestly see couples together and i think to myself....what does that person have that I don't. i see couples together all the time....(well i guess you notice things mroe when you want them)....i always think to myself that I deserve much better and knowing the person I am, i can definitely treat 'her' right. I don't think you're wierd. i feel the same way you do everyday. Im frustrated like you, wanting something that I never had. I had a taste of love, but not the full thing. Its not bad never experiencing it, but experiencing it for a short period and having it ripped away from you is painful and leaves you dying for it. I think im odd for thinking this. But it is love. Its anything easy, but when you do find that special person its going to be the best thing in the world. love wouldn't be so special if it was so easy. All I know is that I have to hold on tight and keep a positive view until i get to the end of the tunnel.

Im Here..Because Im Willing to listen, Because I care...I Feel The Same way...
Try to communicate to someone..like us...

Attachments

• 17579_108656409144828_100000014091298_241336_6413192_n.jpg
    17579_108656409144828_100000014091298_241336_6413192_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
Man...relationships are what causes most of the self-esteem and lonelness issuess....

those that have had good and healthy relationships all seem to do much more better in those departments IMO.
boo for not having the good luck to get a good relationship, I honestly believe that it would do wonders for a person.

For those who are still looking for one (me included) best of luck!

Yeah I'm tired of being lonely, but I'm realistic and know that its pretty unlikely that I'm going to find anyone who likes or accepts me. I think like you some times that it shouldn't be this difficult, but it seems most girls have quite high standards.

but I'm realistic and know that its pretty unlikely that I'm going to find anyone who likes or accepts me.

That's not very realistic.

Have you tried girls in other countries? There are 6 billion people on the planet, after all. If it comes to the point that you're frustrated and ready to quite altogether...visit another country and try their women. *shrug* Why not?

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
but I'm realistic and know that its pretty unlikely that I'm going to find anyone who likes or accepts me.

That's not very realistic.

Have you tried girls in other countries? There are 6 billion people on the planet, after all. If it comes to the point that you're frustrated and ready to quite altogether...visit another country and try their women. *shrug* Why not?

----Steve

Yeah thats actually what I was thinking of doing once I finish my studies.

Go for it! Plenty of hotties overseas. Just find a nice, peaceful country with a higher number of women than men. :D

----Steve

?uest Love said:
lol badjedidude. yea i honestly see couples together and i think to myself....what does that person have that I don't. i see couples together all the time....(well i guess you notice things mroe when you want them)....i always think to myself that I deserve much better and knowing the person I am, i can definitely treat 'her' right. I don't think you're wierd. i feel the same way you do everyday. Im frustrated like you, wanting something that I never had. I had a taste of love, but not the full thing. Its not bad never experiencing it, but experiencing it for a short period and having it ripped away from you is painful and leaves you dying for it. I think im odd for thinking this. But it is love. Its anything easy, but when you do find that special person its going to be the best thing in the world. love wouldn't be so special if it was so easy. All I know is that I have to hold on tight and keep a positive view until i get to the end of the tunnel.

I've never posted in these forums before, but I just wanted to say I like this post.
I'm hoping to see the "end of the tunnel" soon, too.

Latest posts

Back