Reminders of Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unacceptance

Reaction score
So I was filling out one of those emergency contact things for work when I realized there really is no one in my life who I could possibly put down to notify in case I croak or get comafied or something. Just kind of reminded me of how much of a socially inept loser I am.

I put down my one friend that I see about twice a month, but I'm not sure if that is appropriate. What the hell would he do with the news?

Anyway, what are some things that, no matter how things are going, make it glaringly obvious that while you may not be an island, you are certainly a peninsula.

Unacceptance said:
Anyway, what are some things that, no matter how things are going, make it glaringly obvious that while you may not be an island, you are certainly a peninsula.

I don't know if this counts but here goes....lol I guess for me it's when I am around people in general. My opinions and views are so different compared to a lot of people. It's hard to find someone to talk to on a philisophical level who gets me. Soooo 99.9% of the time, I keep it light. You have heard of communication as a "communion" between people. I get a lot of fast food conversation but, what I really want is steak and potatoes...lol Thankfully, I have found a few friends to share with. :) Anyone hungry for more?

When I look at my cell phone, and it hits me that I haven't gotten a call in almost a month. I don't even know why I bought the **** thing.

Yeah that's why I have not bothered with a cellphone yet. I have no one to call and nowhere to go. If I do leave my house it's for places that I can't be bothered at.

When I think of something witty or humorous to say and there is not a soul anywhere near me.

seeing a couple on the side of the road hugging/kissing/interacting.

makes me feel extremely lonely and empty. at the same time, filled with hatred for all who wronged me.

SighX99 said:
seeing a couple on the side of the road hugging/kissing/interacting.

makes me feel extremely lonely and empty. at the same time, filled with hatred for all who wronged me.

Don't hate, eradicate.

At school having to pair up with someone for work, or join a group for groupwork. Or having my parents say "why don't you invite some of your friends around?".

Latest posts

Back