Rules?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

Reaction score
It was expressed to me in a private message that a certain word here on the forums is "banned".

That got me to thinking are there rules here?

This is like the only forum I've ever been on that didn't have posted rules. Also, the registration agreement didn't have any rules in it, it just had the standard canned "We can do whatever we want, whenever we want" which is of course true, not not helpful nonetheless.

Can we get some rules? LOL

lol... i like that there are no rules.

We've already been through this before. There are rules, and no, they're not posted. They don't have to be. When someone says the banned word, or does something that we don't agree with, we correct it. If they continue to do it, they will be dealt with. The biggest rule, on any forum, is to listen to the admins and moderators. If you can't or don't listen to the admins or moderators, then rules being posted is kind of pointless.

So, there is a banned word list?

It's just ... secret? :D

Sounds risque!

It's a common sense list.

If you're a gentleman and you wouldn't say a certain word to your sister, then chances are that it won't be appreciated in the forum or the chat room.

Act accordingly.

got to agree with Kenny here.. if their are banned words.. why not post them?

But well... if it is not that easy to define I suppose a polite PM to members who might accidentally use them also works..

But if there is a list or consensus on what is banned.. why not tell the members about it?

There is no secret list of banned words that i have ever seen.

BJD pretty well explained it, "It's a common sense list."

If you have some degree of tact then it just isn't an issue.

Just a curiosity guys, really. It's fine. :rolleyes:

Would that be the same "tact" that allows sexual conversations on a website with children reading? LOL

I won't dispute the idea that you may find tact lacking at times, though your statement had to do with some banned word list. A use of tact will avoid any problems with words. A lack of tact does not automatically mean that some objectionable word was used.

It's probably all your MOST favorite words that are banned! Like mine.... So, if their are like tiers of curse words, fresia is the highest and most harsh accepted tier. If it's considered worse than fresia (Like people get REALLY pissed when you say it.) then don't say it. And if you do, they just smack the back of your wrist, nothing too rough. Or, be creative and use words people don't understand. XD

^^^Yeah, or you could go all medieval like...

SHUT YOUR GOAT-KISSING MOUTH, YOU FLAMING WOOLHERDER!!

That was some serious honeysuckle, back in the day.

jales said:
got to agree with Kenny here.. if their are banned words.. why not post them?

But well... if it is not that easy to define I suppose a polite PM to members who might accidentally use them also works..

But if there is a list or consensus on what is banned.. why not tell the members about it?

Because it doesn't need to be. If someone's told not to say a word - and they're given a pass the first time around if they don't know it's banned - then they shouldn't say it anymore. It shouldn't take someone being asked or told over and over again that something isn't allowed in order for them not to do it.

Kenny said:
Is the Armenian word K'unt banned?

I don't know if you're trying to test how far you can go or not, but considering I don't know the Armenian language, and I don't know what that word means, I don't know what to think. I'll just advise you not to push it.

VanillaCreme said:
I don't know if you're trying to test how far you can go or not, but considering I don't know the Armenian language, and I don't know what that word means, I don't know what to think. I'll just advise you not to push it.

I'm just having fun, but I wouldn't know what not to "push" because there are no rules. LOL :D

Just take me with a grain of salt. I'm rarely serious.

Really the only 2 ways I know how to banned is by spamming by making a post trying to sell something, posting sales links to buy stuff or having one in your sig
The other way is to be a complete dick and be mean and insensitive to other people,
So as long as you aren't spamming and being at least a decent human being you should be fine

Oh and also we also try to avoid religious debate and stuff that could potentially get out of hand

I also think there needs to be specific forum rules posted. Otherwise, chaos can erupt. Also, rules should be followed by all, no matter how long you've been here, the amount of posts you make, or even your title.

chaos? really? what chaos do you expect from a forum that was made to help people with their loneliness? i've been around here for awhile, and whenever there's even the slightest issue, the mods are swift and judge fairly when they must. i have no problem with allowing the mods here to act in the best way they see fit, and it doesn't even matter because this forum isn't a democracy. i believe it was built on the foundation that people can come together and help each with their loneliness. that should be enough for you, and your better judgement should be enough to keep you out of trouble.

I feel we need a more diverse group of mods, in addition to posted rules.

you're not making any case for why things need to change, just that you want them to change. what reason do the mods need to be more diverse? how are they not doing their jobs in accordance with your expectations? hell, the real question is why do you believe your expectations hold any merit at all to this community?

I'm not sure I should talk in detail about the mod issue here.

So you are saying I should have no opinion on how to improve this forum? I am just a useless waste of space here? Sorry, but that comment offended me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back