Salutations- a new lonely soul

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fadingaway22

Reaction score
Hello, I'm fadingaway22. I've been a member for a little while, but I've been a little reluctant to post anything. I'm kind of new to the whole internet chat/blogging/posting phenomena.I guess I'm a true old schooler at heart. I'm a 22 year old male residing in Pennsylvania. I don't really know how to explain my situation, so I will try to explain it in a nutshell. It is a unique one indeed.

I am currently a State worker and college student. I have my associate's degree and am currently working on my bachelor's degree. I have a few hobbies, and some friends as well. Most of my friends are a good hour away, and I barely see them twice a month. I am busy, but I still get lonely. I've had many romantic relationships, including a former engagement. I am currently single. My life has been filled with loss. I lost my parents at an early age, and I lost my one true love. I haven't spoken to my family in about 5 years, creating an imprisonment of isolation. I have made very poor decisions when I was younger, and consequently, they set me back. I have finally started to pick up the pieces, but I am still drowning in a sea of depression. I merely dwift away in an ocean of self-inadequacies.

Despite the positive transition in my life, I still feel like there is something missing. I don't know what that thing is, but it is taxing to my soul. I have always felt this emptiness within myself, yet was always unable to identify it. I stumbled upon this site late one night after partaking in a couple hours of introspection. Intrigued, I decided to join. I am thankful for a sight like this, and I hope I can further utilize the tools from this website in order to progress my life. Thank you ," A Lonely Life Forum", for accepting me as a new member. I am looking forward to participating in these various threads and sharing various insights.

P.S.- Sorry for the long introduction thread

Hey.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your parents. I never met my actual mother before she passed, but i did loss my brother 3 years ago..i can also relate to having made bad decisions, that kill me everyday inside. so if you ever need someone to just talk to, dont be shy and honeysuckle.
it's good you started to post around, you'll start to feel better if you get more open with others.

you should also try to get in touch with your family..5 years is a long time. and you cant pick your family, and yeah

Welcome.
I am glad you decided to post

Fading away is easy.

Its bringing back the color that's the hard part. Welcome to the site Bro.

Hi There,

You are welcome here to post any of your thoughts, feelings. Thanks for taking the first step!

Hi Fading! I'm sorry you've experienced so much loss so young. I lost one parent when I was a child and several others along the way, so I can relate. Perhaps that is where the feeling of "something missing" stems from. When you lose those you love, it's like a piece of you is gone for each one of them. I don't think you can't fill the void, but you can add new experiences to your life so it feels less empty. And it sounds like you are on the right track. I've been told that when your back is against the wall, try to concentrate on yourself and other things will fall into place. It seems you are doing just that, and for the lonely moments that your "busy-ness" can't cure, you have this forum, so post away!

Latest posts

Back